Administrative and logistics coordinator (M/F) at Médecins du Monde
- Company: Médecins du Monde
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In 2011, MdM launched a pioneer pilot program in a district in Dar es Salaam, introducing the concept of Harm Reduction in the fight against the transmission of HIV, HEPC and other bloodborne diseases among the most vulnerable population, more specifically the PWUD. This project is now present in all Dar es Salaam districts, Chalinze and Bagamoyo, and it will start in Arusha and Tanga in the 1Q of 2022.
MdM is also part of a consortium funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) in the SRH pillar, targeting young KVP (PWUD, sex workers and LGBTQIA2+ community) in an integrated approach. MdM role in this consortium is to identify and enroll the PWUD, SW and LGBTQIA2+ beneficiaries and ensure they access tailored SRH and harm reduction services. MdM activities are embedded to increase the gender-balanced access and the use of SRH services by the target groups, including HIV/STI, SGBV and nutrition services, but will also refer part of the KVP beneficiaries to the other services, like the income generating activities and access to the labor market.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the financial, logistics and HR management for the Tanzanian mission. You ensure compliance with donor regulations and with the local legal framework. You manage directly 2 national staffs.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure compliance with the formalities required by the government agencies and other local authorities
- Prepare the various contracts
- Be responsible for the preparation and updating of the documents retracing all of the administrative, financial and human resources procedures of the mission and support the program department in the creation of operating documents
- Ensure that accounting & finance procedures adhere to MdM HQ policies and comply with donors requirements
- Support the program teams on administrative, accounting and financial matters
- Be responsible for the management of the cash holdings and the bank accounts
- Finalize and send the month-end accountancy to HQ
- Elaborate and update the different budgets
Funding & donors
- Lead the financial reporting at mission level
- Ensure appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors
- Ensure compliance with donor’s and MdM rules
- Coordinate and organize donor’s audit at mission’s level, liaise with auditors
Human resources management
- Lead the recruitment procedures
- Participate on the management of the inductions of all new employees
- Ensure the application of local legislation concerning the national personnel
- Update the salary grid on a yearly basis
- Supervise the monthly pay slips and the payment of the taxes
- Facilitate the yearly appraisal exercise for all MdM employees
- Prepare the training agenda
- Work on the capacity building of the administrative officers
- Follow-up on the issuing of visas and permits and their renewals
- Guarantee that the procurement is in line with MdM and donors’ guidelines and policies
- Ensure a good and regularly maintenance of the program office and vehicles
- Coordinate the transport of staff and goods according to the need of the program
- Coordinate the purchases and manage the stocks
- Guarantee the maintenance and rehabilitation of the buildings
- Set procedure of management for IT and communication
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 4 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
PROFIL RECHERCHE :
Experience in a similar position
Experience and knowledge of international donor requirements, such as GAC, UN, etc
Capacity and willingness to train and enhance the capacity of local staff and partners
Knowledge of SAGA
Experience with Médecins du Monde network is an added value
Languages: fluent in English is mandatory, French or Swahili are an added value
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th March , 2022.