Administration Manager at SolidarMed
- Company: SolidarMed
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organization working to improve the health care of 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya and South Africa. Working together with national partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, we are committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of our work
100% one-year fixed contract with the option to be extended annually depending on performance and fund availability.
Place of Assignment
Ifakara, Tanzania (with occasional travel to Malinyi, Ulanga, Morogoro)
Start of Contract July 2023
Reporting to: Country Director
SolidarMed improves health care for more than 2.5 million people in rural Africa and in India. We strengthen existing medical facilities and train local health personnel. Our projects are developed in close collaboration with local partners such as hospitals, health centres and health authorities, supported by our health experts on site. As a Swiss non-profit organisation with the Zewo certificate, SolidarMed’s work is efficient, diligent and transparent.
In Tanzania, SolidarMed has been active since 1999. From the very beginning, SolidarMed has partnered with the Government of Tanzania to improve the quality of health service provision at the hospitals and primary health care facilities including training to skilled health staff in Manyara and Morogoro regions. Through our integrated approach in and with the health system at all levels, SolidarMed strengthens the synergies between the different levels of the health system and thus fostering improvement in processes and active participation of both, right holders, and duty bearers.
SolidarMed vision is a world in which all people can live in the best possible health, with dignity and self-determination. It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote, and live by our core values.
The post holder will support the Tanzania Country Office and the SolidarMed program with administration, logistics, procurement, personnel management, and limited financial management to support to the Country Program Accountant. S/he will support the Country Director (CD) to develop policies and procedures that ensure adherence to best Tanzanian and International practice and to enhance the quality and impact of the country program.
- Personnel files, Recruitment support, Take part in job selection processes, Payroll preparation, Further development of selected procedures in the Organization Handbook.
- Prepare, order and monitor agreed purchases and services, ensure all procurements follow policy and procedures, support development of procedures in the Organization Handbook.
- Active search for the most cost-efficient procurement processes
Logistics & Security
- Manage driver(s) and ensure they carry out vehicle checks, ensure vehicles are taxed, insured and maintained,
- Lead the organization logistics for visitors.
- report any security concerns to CD,
- Further development of selected procedures in the Organization Handbook.
- Management and support of support staff: security, drivers, cleaners, interns,
- virtual and physical filing systems,
- oversight of the country office and garden,
- IT/IS support, office security,
- Ensuring uninterrupted availability of supplies and stationery, asset management,
- Further development of procedures in the Organization Handbook.
- Ensure all registrations are up to date.
- support the adherence to all SolidarMed policies, especially the integrity policies, (in close collaboration with the CD)
- Actively take part and contribute to the programme management team meetings.
- Payroll, salaries, cashbox, support audit process with the Program Accountant, stand in for the Program Accountant during her absence, support development of procedures in the Organization Handbook.
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with the following qualifications:
- A graduate in the relevant field (finance, accounts, procurement, business, administration) with relevant work experience
- Strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills to facilitate policy dialogue with government bodies.
- Motivation to improve processes and tools to enhance the program efficiency and impact by proactively looking for solutions and presenting recommendations to the CD
- Knowledge of Tanzania regulations regarding taxes and salaries
- Solid computer skills
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, strategic thinker
- The opportunity to have a significant impact to improve lives of a very vulnerable population.
- A stimulating environment, being part of a highly motivated team
- An attractive benefit package.
Method of ApplicationPlease email your application to [email protected] citing reference “Administration Manager, SolidarMed Tanzania 2023” and include.
- your CV including 3 references (max. 2 pages)
- a covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE