Administration Assistant at ACDI/VOCA
- Company: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Administration Assistant position. The position manages all general administrative and logistics functions of the Kilimo Tija Project in the Mbeya regional office, ensuring efficient operations including facilities management, inventory management, logistics, supervision of the office attendant and drivers, and management of the vehicle and motorcycle fleet assigned to the regional project office. The position will be based at the Mbeya office, with regular travel as necessary and as directed by the Administration and Logistics Coordinator or Organizational and Business Development Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing Administration and Logistics support to the regional office, including the booking of accommodations and venues for meetings and workshops, preparing and organizing meetings, and ensuring the availability of workshop materials for project staff
- Ensure efficient operation and management of regional office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, including calling for repairs and maintenance of office inventory.
- Provide support on maintenance schedules for all project vehicles, motorcycles, and related equipment, and ensure maintenance is conducted in strict accordance with these schedules.
- Maintain field office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating supply needs, and placing and expediting supply orders.Verifying receipt of supplies and enforcing store management procedures
- Supervision of the office drivers and office attendant, and general office cleanliness.
- Ensure enforcement of vehicle and equipment policies and procedures in collaboration with the Administration and Logistics coordinator, Procurement Specialist, and Finance Manager.
- Ensure the segregation of duties requirements of the internal operations process under the regional office are timely adhered to and completed to facilitate timely payments of vendors, including office utility bills, garages, accommodations, etc.
- Develop vehicle/equipment usage logs and ensure such logs are complete, up-to-date, and submitted to the supervisor as part of the monthly regional office administration and logistics report.
- Oversees and directs administrative and logistical operations at the regional project office to enforce full compliance with all administrative and logistical-related policies and ensure the safety and security of all in the project office.
- Maintains the register of incoming mail and the dispatch registration book. Receives mail and packages and distributes them among staff members.
- Provide updates on field travels, leave absences, and training participation.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field with at least two years of administration support experience, preferably with an international NGO, is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, communicate effectively, and follow instructions.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, including Excel and Word