Admin & Logistics officer at Mott MacDonald
- Company: Mott MacDonald
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Carry out routine tasks to ensure that the Shule Bora office is a safe working environment
- Complete weekly stock reports on office supplies
- Carry out general office duties as requested by the Operations Manager
- Provide support to the procurement activities.
- Liaise with finance team on payments to vendors/suppliers
- Monitor and keep accurate records of the Programme Asset & inventory Registers.
- Support the delivery arrangements of all goods including printed materials.
- Establish a good working relationship with suppliers, including the establishment of maintenance agreements for items such as generators, ICT equipment etc.
Events and Logistics
- Supporting the Technical Team in the organisation of events, meetings and workshops.
- Liaising with hotels and accommodation providers
- Support the Operations Manager and Assistant Project Manager in the effective mobilisation of international staff and sub-consultants coming from overseas, including
- Communications with UK team members for support with visa applications, flight bookings, and security briefings.
- Management and timely communication of local arrangements such as airport transfers and hotel bookings.
- Supporting the development and regular update of welcome packs and induction information.
- Supporting sub-consultants with their administration and other arrangements
- Managing the mobile communications (office phones, phone credit, internet, etc)
- Manage meeting room bookings, and ensure the room is set up as per need.
- Maintain operations records in accordance with Mott MacDonald processes and procedures
- Supporting in the ethics, transparency and accountability principles of the Programme and of Cambridge Education (Mott MacDonald);
- Be proactive and responsive to performing any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or Senior Management Team.
- Proven experience in an administrative or operations role
- Experience in finance e.g., supporting payments, handling petty cash etc. highly desirable
- Experience handling logistical challenges in Tanzania and in negotiating to ensure efficient use of resources
- Experience of organizing events – managing bookings, invitations, advertising, printing, and on-the-day requirements
- Ability to priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- Proficient in using MS packages, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills, reliability, and adherence to ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Kiswahili preferred.
- Experience of public sector (Governmental) processes e.g., for invitations to an event, or for requests to high-level officials
- Experience of working on donor-funded programmes in multi-national teams
- Basic knowledge of the Education Sector in Tanzania
- Ability to draft letters in English and Swahili
- Ability to draft processes and procedures in English and Swahili
- Bachelor`s degree in Administration studies, Logistics, or related field
The UK aid funded Shule Bora programme aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. There are four main outcomes: improving learning outcomes for all children, improving transition rates to secondary schools for girls, ensuring children are safe in and around schools, and helping children with disabilities access quality education.
The programme will:
- Work with Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) to test, adapt and implement at scale quality, gender-transformative, disability-inclusive and safe to learn education approaches in 9 regions, generating learning and evidence on how to achieve these outcomes affordably and at scale.
- Support GoT with the timely and effective implementation of the PforR mechanism through technical assistance and capacity building, with a strong focus on data verification, financial management and risk management. Support lesson learning processes from PforR so that these can be embedded into government processes and shared with development partners and other key stakeholders. Ensure that lessons and best practice from (1) are used to inform PfR mechanism.
- Manage and coordinate programme activities, with a strong focus on (i) ensuring a high-quality programme, financial and risk management oversight, (ii) working with an independent Learning and Evidence (L&E) provider on establishing regular, rigorous and community-driven monitoring and evaluation activities, and (iii) developing and implementing a strategy for effective communication of Shule Bora objectives, results, and lessons learned to a range of target audiences.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE