Admin/Finance Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
|Position title||Admin/Finance Assistant (1 Position)|
|Duty station||Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania|
|Durations||1 Year with possibility of extension|
|Position number||To be created|
|Job family||Support Unit.|
|Organizational unit||Resource Management Unit|
|Reports directly to||Resource Management Officer- in Dar es Salaam|
|Overall Supervised by||Chief of Mission|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Dar Es Salaam, The Admin/Finance Assistant is responsible for providing daily financial and administrative assistance, in particular he/she will be responsible for:
|The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
1. Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers.
2. Ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers.
3. After obtaining appropriate approvals, effect payments to suppliers and staff members.
4. Ensure all payments are paid on a timely manner.
5. Responsible for the preparation of monthly accounting reports and the attachments of supporting documents for the review and certification by RMO.
6. Reconcile on a monthly basis all pending vendor accounts.
7. Ensure that the bank reconciliation of the various bank accounts and IOM accounts and databases is done in timely accurately.
8. According to the projectization process of IOM, distribute the office costs and verify staff
9. Ensure files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued are maintained and appropriate internal controls are in place.
10. Assist with the maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing a monthly bank reconciliation.
11. Maintain a filing system for vouchers and all other financial documentation.
12. Maintain the petty cash account of the Dar es salaam Office in the absence of Finance Assistant.
13. Maintain Attendance records of national staff in Dar es Salaam Office.
14. Prepare monthly payroll for national staff.
15. Provide Daily Assistance to supervisor in ensuring proper internal controls of finance are in place.
16. Liaise with IOM Tanzania staff in the Sub Office and main offices in daily execution of the payments and increasing of efficiency of program implementation.
17. Coordinate all accounting issues with other colleagues in the Finance Dept.
18. Prepare monthly funding requests for the office.
19. Bring the attention of the RMO any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
20. Suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies.
21. Provide guidance and training to new junior staff.
22. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
|IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE|
• Holder of a Secondary School Diploma, with 5 years’ working experience; or bachelor’s degree combined with 3 years working experience in Accounting of Finance or related field.
• Strong Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, word and Outlook.
• Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues
• Time Management and planning for accounting cycles
• Able to set up internal record tracking.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Previous work experience with an international organization and NGOs dealing with refugees would be strong advantage.
|• Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Internet.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
|• Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required||• Working knowledge of French, Spanish, is desirable.|
|The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
|Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
All application documents will be handled in accordance with IOM data protection policy. The selected candidate is required to commence the assignment as soon as the recruitment process completes.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
Females with qualifications are encouraged to apply.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.