Admin Coordinator at Qatar Charity (QC)
- Company: Qatar Charity (QC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reports to: Country Director
Duration: 9 months (with possibility to extension)
Starting Date: 25, October 2023
Clothing Date: 31 October 2023
Qatar Charity (QC) is a non-governmental organization working in both relief and development. With a considerable regional capacity, QC is a leading humanitarian organization in the East Africa region committed to transforming adversity into revival for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By working with beneficiaries and communities, QC is keen to develop the links and continuum between relief activities and long-term community development projects.
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality, and impartiality.
For the last three decades, Qatar Charity has achieved both consistent and considerable growth in terms of its operations and institutionalization and is currently working in more than 70 countries across the world, with field offices in 40 countries.
QC has a membership of the United Nations Economic and Social Council Since 1997; and is a member of various fora and networks the recent being the START Network. QC is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs since 2009.
Job purpose summary
The Admin Coordinator is responsible for managing administrative and logistical affairs, human resources, and procurement for the field office and its employees. It provides the office with all legal facilities, general services, logistical needs, and facilitates the tasks of personnel affairs to
enable them to perform their work easily and smoothly and overcome any difficulties or problems that hinder the achievement of their career goals.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provides the necessary logistical support for all office work, especially for communications, transportation, reservations, warehousing, permits, etc.
- Follow up on all contracts and legal affairs related to personnel and administrative affairs.
- Maintain all fixed assets of the office and its stocks.
- Maintains safety and security measures and conditions in the office and during the performance of office duty.
- Manage and supervise procurement operations and ensure the safety of their procedures starting from the purchase requisition.
- Maintains effective means of communication and close cooperation between employees.
- Acting as a recipient for mail, documents and important items delivered to the organization’s address.
- Processing all office bills and payments due.
- Address all Human resources transactions in terms of recruitment, salaries, training, and vacations for employees.
- Ensures that the archiving system is up-to-date and in accordance with HR procedures.
- Prepares and submits the monthly attendance report of employees to the Country Director.
- Assists in training and evaluating employees and represents the HR department.
- Understands and applies labor laws and regulations in the country.
- Participate in the committees formed by the office for the purpose of coordinating joint work, such as the Purchasing Committee, the Employment Committee, the Inventory Committee, and others.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Law, or other.
- At least 5 years of experience in administrative and logistical work and resource management
- Strategic thinking
- Management skills
- Diplomacy and persuasion
- Languages: fluency in English and Swahili.
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer Skills
- How is work going in the office.
- How to work on procurement management
- Experience in ERP software and systems
- The ability to evaluate situations and problems and their impact on workflow
- Able to resolve conflicts.
- Able to face work pressure and challenges
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs and a motivation letter to: [email protected] by February 19, 2023, mentioning the position they applied for in the email title.
Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
QC will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.
No phone calls are accepted. We are equal opportunity employer.