ADD Young Leader Programme Advisor at ADD International
- Company: ADD International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Location: Flexible – UK (Frome or home-based), or one of our country offices in Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan, Bangladesh or Cambodia
- Reports to: Director of International Programmes
- Contract: Fixed term contract of six months (to be reviewed after this for possible extension)
- Closing date: 9am (UK time) 23rd November
Applicants who wish to be based in the UK must already be eligible to work in the UK.
Disabled candidates are particularly encouraged to apply and as a ‘disability confident employer’ ADD guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria and ensure reasonable accommodation in the interview process. ADD is committed to making reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and throughout employment.
The aim of this role is to lead ADD’s Young Leaders internship programme. Initially providing support and guidance to the Tanzania team implementing the pilot, but then working across ADD countries to expand it, ensuring learning from the pilot is built into this. The post holder will also work closely with the fundraising team to identify and propose sources of funding for this scale up.
The ideal candidate.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who has excellent knowledge and experience of project cycle/management including understanding of how to undertake project research, activity planning and MEAL. You will have personal experience of disability or experience of working with disabled people, as well as experience of working with staff remotely and/or based overseas, including experience of training/capacity building.
For full details on the role and what is required please see the job description.
We are keen to promote strong principles of equality and diversity and would welcome applications from all backgrounds. Disabled people are strongly encouraged to apply and as a ‘disability confident employer’ ADD guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. Read our policy here.
The nature of ADD’s work is as an ally to the global disability movement promoting the rights of all people with disabilities. It does mean that our staff, consultants, trustees and volunteers may come into contact with children and vulnerable adults in some capacity or another. ADD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, consultants, trustees and volunteers to share this commitment. For more information on this please see the safeguarding pages on our website.
ADD International is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Bill and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. Read our policy here.
Method of Application
- Their CV (max 3 pages)
- Letter of motivation outlining why they want this role and how they fit to the job specification (max 2 pages)
- Completed equal opportunities form (please choose relevant form dependent on whether you are applying for a job in the UK or one of our country offices)
- The names, contact numbers and addresses of 2 referees (please state if you are not happy for them to be contacted at this stage)
Application deadline: 9am (UK time) 23rd November
- Interviews will be held w/b 6th December