Actuarial Valuations Specialist at Old Mutual
- Company: Old Mutual
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
• Ensure provision of Actuarial Services to Old Mutual General Insurance East Africa Group by working closely with the five business entities) and other Group Functions to meet their needs. This includes reserving, pricing, product reviews, experience reviews and solvency and capital management
• Conducts accuracy checks, and analyses data to draw conclusions and make recommendations
• Generate actuarial reports on various technical issues to Head of Actuarial and senior management
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical Actuarial Support; Conduct and/or review internal actuarial liability valuations for Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan
- Review of external actuaries’ report for Kenya and collaboration with the appointed actuaries to produce the Financial condition report for Kenya.
- Product Pricing and Review; To assist in pricing products, profitability analysis, experience analysis, and other relevant actuarial investigations for East African entities to inform business decisions.
- Experience Monitoring: Conduct claims experience analysis and expense investigations and expense allocation exercises and other relevant actuarial investigations for Old Mutual EA Short term insurance subsidiaries to inform business decisions.
- Solvency and Capital management; Carry out solvency computation on a risk-based capital basis including solvency stress tests.
- Financial Modeling: assist with financial modeling of business scenarios/projects to inform business decision making.
- Strategy and Business Planning Support; assist with business planning financial projections and solvency projections.
- Special Projects: participate in special projects as would be requested by the insurance companies within the group e.g. IFRS17
- Reinsurance Support: Carry out reinsurance analysis to monitor the performance of reinsurance treaties and assist the businesses in exploring ways to optimise on reinsurance arrangements.
- Reporting and Documentation; Presentation of results and reports to businesses and subsidiary boards committees, management, and regulators.
Actuarial Valuation, Financial Forecasting, Profitability Analysis, Risk Management, Valuating
20 July 2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th July, 2022.