Accounts Receivable Officers x2 at The School of St Jude
- Company: The School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you a proficient Accounts Receivable officer? Do you have a keen interest in managing the school’s revenue accounting? Would you describe yourself as an expert in handling financial inflows? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Hard working, focused, patient and tolerant
- Possess a strength and drive, patience and tolerance and practicality whilst being efficient
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to set personal schedules to meet team timelines.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to react with common sense and urgency if required, to solve revenue problems whilst thinking on your feet
- Possess a natural trait in completing your tasks on time
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about revenue related accounting matters and how to find best solutions and improvements.
What you’ll do
- To provide customer service and process donations received as part of the Accounts Receivable team
- Complex continuous data entry from various sources into fundraising database.
- Accurate recording and allocation of donations/sponsorships in the fundraising data base from various sources.
- Interpret data entered into the fundraising database to maintain accurate due dates for sponsorships.
- Send sponsorship renewal notices for the current month in a timely manner.
- Responding to sponsor queries and correspond with sponsors and donors as required including use of standard templates for generic queries.
- Making timely follow-up correspondence to supporters in relation to missed payments.
- Making closely follow ups on pending communications regarding sponsorship renewals and unpaid contributions.
- Follow up on overdue payments from own work area and/or as directed by Accounts Receivable- Assistant Team Lead
- Follow up on outstanding queries from own work area and/or as directed by Accounts Receivable- Assistant Team Lead
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts or Finance from an Accredited Universities.
- CPA (T) as recognized by NBAA will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills: Ms Excel, Ms Word, Internet, knowledge of ERP systems and Payroll related systems would be an added advantage
- Very strong communication skills in both oral and written.
- Sound record keeping skills.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationAre you interested? Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/FM/03/24)
Applications close on 25th January 2024, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!