Accounts Officer at Good Neighbors
- Company: Good Neighbors
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Accounts Officer – (1-Position)
Project Name: Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education through a Holistic Approach in Zanzibar (EQSSE-Z)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Mbweni – Zanzibar
Contract Duration: 1.2 Year (Renewable subject to funding availability and performance)
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office (GNTZ-ZAO) is in going implementation of the KOICA project mentioned above, in order to provide better teaching and learning in secondary schools through learner-centered pedagogy in classrooms, strengthen teacher support services, improve learning environments, and conduct greater community engagement through school-based monitoring in Zanzibar. Therefore, GNTZ-ZAO would like to invite a talented and experienced person who can work together with us in a passionate way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing monthly finance report through the required accounting package system and execution status every month.
- Preparing Bank payments voucher for all approved budget requests with appropriate funding sources and project allocation
- Recording transactions in Quickbook
- Preparing and filling monthly bank reconciliation report for project and administration Account
- Evaluate internal management systems, procedures and risks in order to provide recommendations
- Writing cheques for all expenditures, scanning and preparing check ledger for all bank accounts managers every month.
- Monthly Preparation of Contribution for ZSSF, NHIF and TRA Return and HESLB for staff
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax laws • Filling the Office documents in respective files
- Prepare project budgets regularly.
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies.
- Bachelor degree / Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- More than 6 years’ work experience in related fields.
- Fluency in both English and Swahili
- Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of computerized accounting packages (Quick Book for non-profit organization can be an asset.)
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in an international and multinational environment.
- A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
- Ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
- Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
- Good motivational organizational skills
- Perform other duties as required
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Based at Mbweni Office in Zanzibar
- Office work: 90% within the Mbweni Zanzibar area
- Field work: 10%
- All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 24th October, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be addressed to the Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause Click here to access GN Safeguarding Policy.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th October, 2023.