This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
13 Nov 2020
Accounts Assistant at Britam
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Britam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Accounts Assistant – (2000002E)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilitie
The role holder will be responsible for assisting in preparing financial accounts in a timely manner. The role shall report to the Senior Accountant.
- Assist in daily receipting process
- Assist in bank reconciliations as may be required
- Assist in GL reconciliation as may be required
- Assist in processing expenses payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Assisting in preparation and processing of claims payments
- Provide clerical support for the finance team
- Assist in administrative issues as may be required
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, Balanced Scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Turnaround time
- Accuracy of posting & payments
- Compliance to accounting and company standards
- Bank reconciliation
- Accountable to the Senior Accountant
- Required to liaise and work closely with all staff
- Britam customers
- Service providers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor degree (Accounting option preferred) or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th December, 2020.