Accounting Coordinator at The Small Things
- Company: The Small Things
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
We are looking for an extremely organized, experienced individual for this role, and will be able to offer a starting salary up to 1m TZS/month, based on experience. There is lots of room to grow into a higher level position at higher pay, as well, for the right person. You will be supervising 1 Finance Officer and 1 Finance Intern for now.
- Maintain all program accounts and prepare monthly reports with the finance officer
- With finance officer, posting all transactions into Quick Books
- Create monthly projections to estimate cash needs
- Follows all procedures for cash approval and promptly report issues that arise
- Work with the auditor to ensure ongoing compliance with the Finance Officer, the Child Welfare Manager and the Managing director
- Promptly prepare the monthly budget and send to ED and MD
- Reconcile all financial transactions by the end of month
- Be responsible for the accounting policy and governance
- With the Child Welfare Manager and the Managing director, manage and prepare the staff payroll document
- Prepare and submit a detailed budget, including the tabulation of the accrued employee benefits and taxes, for each program.
- With the Managing director, organize the fiscal documents
- With the Board Treasurer, oversee the overall financial management, planning systems and control.
- File the SDL & PAYE Monthly Return & Semi Annual PAYE Return
- File Return of Estimates and Return of Income Each Year
- File NSSF, WCF, NIF Monthly Return and Adjustment if any.
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliations statements each individual program budgets
- Lead the annual budget and the future planning annual budget meeting with the CEO
- Manage the cash flow and liquidity (especifically relating to operation policy)
- File SDL and payee, monthly return and semiannual return
- File return of income annually and return of estimate annually on TRA E – Filings.
- File NSSF, WCF,NHIF monthly return and file any adjustment
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations statement on each organizations bank account i.e USD & TZS
- Before spending the money, inform the Executive and Managing director of any upcoming, unexpected and unbudgeted expenditure and its effect on the balance.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the finance officer for review
- Attend weekly finance meetings with the Managing Director and the Child Welfare Manager for review
- Attend weekly management meetings and give update
- Attend board meeting (Tanzania)
- Attend, when requested, the finance, compliance and construction committees.
- Making sure the organization complies with all government regulations
- Create support toolkit for organizations setting up their financial services for the first time