29 Dec 2021
Accountant / Financial Controller at SICPA
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: SICPA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Dar Es Salaam (TZ10), Tanzania
Department: Finance (50013320)
Job Family: Finance
- Fundamental Purpose:
The Position has the below primary responsibilities.
- Ensures that financial reports, general ledgers, and documentation complies with International Accounting standards/ International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Tanzania Taxes Acts and Regulations, company’s policies and local GAAP reporting guidelines for efficient and accurate reporting to all stakeholders.
- Monitoring performance of projects in Tanzania -by monitoring CAPEX and Operating expenses budget vs actual implementation.
- Assist the Finance Manager and SICPA Group officials with the forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting and accounting aspects of the company.
- Key Job Accountabilities:
- Preparation of financial statements in line with standards accounting standards, group policies and tax rules (both statutory and group/management financial statements).
- Preparation, compilation and submission of company budget to management and Group offices for approval.
- Customer service delivery incharge – ensuring timely issuing purchase orders, proforma invoices, invoices, receipts and confirmation of payments with customers.
- Liaise with suppliers ensuring that vendor documentations are accurate, negotiations, timely service delivery and payments reconciliations are done.
- Ensuring accurate posting of all transactions in the accounting systems, for instance SAP
- Ensuring accurate reporting of financial performance in accounting systems including SAP, BPC, BFC, FIM, Cockpit or any other as will be advised or introduced.
- Liaise with internal auditors, external auditors, tax consultants and tax authorities or different audit or engagements with the company.
- Responsible for timely collection of receivables or cash collections from customers
- Assist the finance manager in cashflow monitoring and cash optimisation.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance, recording and reconciliation of fixed assets register as well as safeguarding company assets
- Assist in preparing forecast, financial simulations and specific analyses and reports in consultation with the relevant executive team members.
- Track actual performance of the company against approved budget daily/monthly/quarterly and share reports to finance manager for review and approval.
- Analysing departmental income statement/performance to management monthly.
- Cost control through enforcement of limits and adherence to approved budget.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a Score Card outlining the financial performance of the company.
- Timely resolution of all raised audit issues and ensuring non repetition of audit/review issues.
- Ensuring reconciliation and cleanup of all general Ledger accounts on daily basis
- Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Manage daily activities for Accounting, Accounts Payables/Receivables, Treasury activities and Cost Accounting.
- Assist in developing and updating a written standard operating policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting and management.
- Ensure 100% compliance laws and regulations issued by regulators Tanzania Revenue Authority, WCF, NSSSF, Loans Board etc.
- Being able to manage duties of the Finance Manager during his/her absence
- Any other duties as will be assigned by the line manager
- Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in Accounting or its equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant-CPA (T) or ACCA and must be registered by NBAA.
- 5 years’ experience in Finance Controlling, Management Accounting or Financial Reporting of international service / project-based organization.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of Tax laws and regulations.
- Knowledge in Computer System and Applications, mainly SAP.
- Managerial experience will be an added advantage.
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Good knowledge in office automation tools like excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong risk and financial analysis skills
- Being Creative and Proactive
- Independent and objective decisions maker
- High level of integrity
- Hands on, business awareness and customer oriented
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th January , 2022.