Accountant Dar es Salaam at Chemonics
- Company: Chemonics
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries, that is implementing the USAID funded project in Tanzania, USAID/Tanzania Heshimu Bahari.
Chemonics seeks an Accountant for the 5-year, $13 million Tanzania Heshimu Bahari, Marine Biodiversity Activity. The Activity will be implemented in communities, civil society, the private sector, and government to build capacity in marine biodiversity conservation, sustainable livelihoods, improving the business enabling environment, and monitoring and oversight of institutions and projects. The four objectives of the Activity focus on building the capacity of public sector and civil society; improving the enabling environment for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and fisheries management at all levels; increasing private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; and enhancing data availability and use in decision making.
The Accountant will be responsible for processing internal and external payments, managing bank accounts, balancing expenses, recording the project’s finances, and overseeing other internal positions in the Tanzania Heshimu Bahari Activity as needed. This position will be based in Tanzania. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
– Process payments for all invoices related to procurement of goods and services ensuring all necessary back-up documentation is verified, collected, and filed according to established operating principles and procedures;
– Process payments for monthly payroll and benefits in a timely manner, ensuring all necessary back-up documentation is verified, collected, and filed in accordance with established operating principles and procedures;
– Process and ensure payment of income, social security, and value-added taxes to the relevant Tanzanian authorities;
– Maintains the activity bank account, including monitoring the account balance, outstanding checks, and other transactions, in accordance with established operating principles and procedures, and USAID and Chemonics policies and procedures;
– Support the Finance and Administration Director as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress;
– Maintain the petty cash account;
– Process and reconcile expense reports for project staff in a timely and efficient manner
– Examine monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures;
– Update project financial records using web-based software and submit monthly reports to the Chemonics’ Washington within the established timeline;
– Maintain project equipment and update inventory list;
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Director to achieve the Project’s goals and objectives.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required;
– Certification of Chartered Accountants or local equivalent desirable;
– Minimum of four years’ experience working with USAID or other donor funded experience desirable;
– Previous experience working in Tanzania required;
– Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
– Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
– Strong analytical skills with attention to details;
– Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is necessary; and
– Fluency in English required; fluency in Kiswahili preferred
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th September , 2022.