Accountant – Coordination of implementers at Ministry of Health (National Aids Control Programme)
- Company: Ministry of Health (National Aids Control Programme)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Accountant – Coordination of implementers (1 Position)
Reporting to: Global Fund Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of quality financial reports by all GF HIV Grant Implementing partners. ii. Communicate between GFCU – MoHCDGEC and HIV Implementing partners regarding all financial matters. iii. Ensure that all relevant financial management documentation is shared among HIV Grant Implementing partners.
- Work with NACP Accountants to design and implement standard reporting templates for use by all GF HIV implementers, that is ensure timely, efficient reporting of all financial matters for each HIV grant implementing partners.
- Write feedback reports to HIV Grant Implementing partners and external agencies on all financial reports submitted to or through GFCU.
- Attend to all HIV ad hoc activities as directed by the PM and GFCU Coordinator.
- Collect information from GF HIV Grant implementing partners and compile monthly ‘flash reports’ on overall financial disbursement progress for submission to GFCU
- Reconcile regional and districts, SSRs advances /Imprest ledger
- Scrutinize quarterly progress reports from GF HIV Grant implementers, compare them with planned activities, summarize findings into brief reports and submit them to PM every end of month before submission to
- Ensure sound financial management in implementing programs using grant financial resources and compliance with policies and procedures of the Global Fund.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent qualification, with the registration under the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as a Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
Having MSc. Finance will be an added advantage. ii. Minimum of 3 – 5 years of work experience in an Accounting
Department/unit in a reputable organization iii. Must be conversant in Accounting Packages application including
Epicor iv. Knowledge in government accounting is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili both spoken and written
- Capacity of working with minimal supervision and strong interpersonal
- Experience in donor funded projects
- Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3-years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds)
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any.
The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz