Accountant at Tetra Tech
- Company: Tetra Tech
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The USAID-funded Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) activity in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Project Accountant. This position will be located in the office in Iringa, Tanzania.
The Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) is a five-year (August 2021 – July 2026) $25 million activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Tanzania. The purpose of the activity is to expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services by (1) increasing access to sustainable water services; (2) increasing access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (3) strengthening the market for sanitation products and services; and (4) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources. Tetra Tech is the prime contractor with three subcontractors, FSG, WISE Futures, and IRIS Group.
Under the supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Accountant will be an integral part of an administration and finance support team.
- Assist with financial accounts and preparing financial statements for submission to the home office as part of monthly financial reports.
- Assist with reviewing petty cash records/entries and verifying cash counts and monthly reconciliations.
- Responsible for keeping up to date financial records and ensuring that documents/ reports/guidelines/Audit files are stored in an appropriate manner.
- Responsible for proper processing of vendor invoices, travel advances and expense reports.
- Assist with preparation of monthly payroll and ensuring timely processing of statutory payments such as PAYE, Social Security Contributions and Vendor Withholding Tax.
- Assist with preparation of VAT reimbursement claims and obtaining all supporting documentation.
- Responsible for generating Salesforce disbursement vouchers and assisting timely recording of transactions in QuickBooks and generating periodic/monthly standard reports.
- Initiate online bank payment after the supporting documents have been reviewed and approved for payment.
- Assist with monitoring vendor advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of vendor outstanding items, taking corrective follow-up actions where required.
- Prepare cash receipts and ensuring are properly per project filing policy.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, accounting and financial reports, funds requests, statistical and other reports as required.
- Assist with all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation.
- Perform other duties assigned by the DCOP and DAF and Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 years in relevant field or 8 years’ experience in relevant work.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position, experience using QuickBooks accounting software preferred. Experience working in a similar position with NGO, business or international organizations is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written), including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
- Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Tactfulness and enthusiasm for the job. Good Human Relation skills, integrity and ability to work under pressure.
- Tanzanian citizen.
- Willingness to work/live in Iringa, Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd January, 2023.