Accountant at SEMA
- Company: SEMA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT ACTION (SEMA)
SEMA is a non-government organization which set out to fight poverty through improving Health, Inclusive and quality Education, WASH services, Good Governance and Leadership, Institutional development, Climate, Agriculture, Environmental Management and Conservation in rural areas of poor and marginalized communities.
SEMA has been awarded by Jhpiego Tanzania to implement the USAID Afya Yangu – Reproductive Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) which aims to increase the demand for and the use of quality integrated RMNCAH services particularly by women and youth leading to improved health outcomes in Kondoa district (Dodoma region)
SEMA is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, highly competent candidates with exemplary ethical conduct to join USAID Afya Yangu – RMNCAH project.
Job title: Accountant – 1 position.
Employment type: Volunteer
Report to: Finance Manager
Location: Singida Region, Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
The volunteer will work under supervision of Finance Manager and provide support on day-to-day financial management activities including.
- Collecting and reviewing all supporting documents Including invoices, Purchase orders, EFD receipts validity and prepare payment vouchers for payment.
- Collecting, reviewing, and checking for errors of all retirement documents received from program staff.
- Validating and posting all vouchers in accounting system on daily basis.
- Supporting bank reconciliation exercise at the end of every month.
- Help monitor project expenditures to ensure adherence to budgets and donor regulations.
- Help ensure that financial reports are prepared and submitted to the donor and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Assist in communicating financial procedures and responsibilities to project staff.
- Provide support in developing and managing project budgets, forecasts, and financial plans.
- Aid in addressing compliance issues and implementing corrective actions following internal and external audits.
- Work closely with the procurement and logistics teams to ensure proper documentation for project-related expenses.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports by making sure that the data required are valid and were posted correctly.
- Supporting proper filling of documents on day-to-day basis.
- Preform other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Adhere to SEMA and donor rules, regulations, and
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a graduate with a bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting/Business Administration or any other related field.
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles of accounting.
- Should have written and oral communication skills, maintain professionalism at workplace, ready to adapt to busy working environment.
- Must be conversant with Other basic skills including computer knowledge, Microsoft office (Excel, word, Email etc.)
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and good track record of outstanding performance skills in analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports.
Method of ApplicationPlease indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, academic certificates, and a cover letter (with the address given below).
APPLICATIONS, WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THESE ELEMENTS, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Sustainable Environment Management Action
23 BR. TUMUA
P.O. Box 365,
43101, Singida, Tanzania.
All applications should be sent through email: sema.recr[email protected] Electronics applications are highly encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Thursday 16th October 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
SEMA is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Note: We DO NOT charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will receive an official call/ mail from our office and be informed of the next steps.