Accountant at RTI International
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) is an independent non-profit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition with over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector in managing their environment and natural resources. We are looking for candidates to fill new positions in the recently awarded USAID funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The goal of the project is to address dynamics that hinder habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania.
The position will be based in Dar, Tanzania with some travel required to the project areas.
The Accountant will be responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting, and other related expenditures) are followed to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds which are cost effective, timely, have proper internal controls and comply with the terms of the agreement.
Skills & Abilities:
- Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and five years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of USAID accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable. Quickbooks proficiency would be a plus.
- Must be able to communicate in both Kiswahili and English (written and oral).
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted on rolling basis. RTI is an equal opportunity employer.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI international. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email [email protected]
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V The deadline for submitting the application is 11 July 2021.