Accountant at Nyumbani Hotels and Resorts Tanga
- Company: Nyumbani Hotels and Resorts Tanga
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
JOB OPENING- ACCOUNTANT
Nyumbani Hotels and Resorts Tanga seeks applications from qualified applicants to staff the position of Accountant.
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Advise the company appropriately in regards to financial issues.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Work experience as an Accountant (Minimum3 years)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written English
- Be able to work under pressure
- Possess good interpersonal skills, integrity, flexibility, adaptability and must be a team player.
- Candidate who has worked in the hotel industry will have an added advantage