Accountant at LVIA
- Company: LVIA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
LVIA is an Italian NGO operating in Dodoma region. The organization is based in Kongwa town and implements activities across the Kongwa, Chamwino & Bahi districts. For the implementation of the new project, “Diverse Food System: Improving Nutrition by Supporting a Diversified and Sustainable Food System,” LVIA is looking for the following:
The Accountant will perform various activities to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. Follow procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization’s financial records and transactions.
Duration:The contract is 1 year period with 3 months’ probation. High possibility to renew for two more years, depending on funds & candidate’s performance.
Place of duty: Dodoma (LVIA Office)
Tentative starting date: End of October 2023
Salary: according to the experience and level of education of the selected candidate, the maximum net salary TZS 800,000/.
You enjoy spreadsheets but can join meetings confidently as well; you give great attention to detail, and you can prioritize & meet multiple deadlines. You are English fluent, responsible, with advanced organizational & supervisory skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent & CPA Holder
- At least three years of experience in a relevant field, including supervisory experience
- Experience in preparing budgets, compiling & analyzing data, and preparing financial reports
- Experience in supporting EU project implementation and knowledge of PRAG 2021
- Knowledge of local laws, codes, and regulations
- Computer Literature, advanced Excel
- Managing and supervising the work of the Assistant Accountant
- Participating in the recruitment of staff by the Country Representative
- Ensuring the timely payment of taxes & insurance, keeping track of staff annual leaves
- Managing the monthly payroll of LVIA staff
- Performing day-to-day accounting activities – registrations, cheques, bank transfers, reconciliation
- Updating the LVIA accounting software, checking the bank & cash balances at the end of each month
- Monitoring the Secretary – Cashier, especially in money-missing cases or bank discrepancies
- Checking accountancy documents from partner organizations regarding their eligibility
- Preparing all the necessary documents for external auditing
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their CV, a motivational letter, a copy of professional certificates, and possibly, the details of three referees.
Please indicate the job you are applying for, like in the example: LVIA /Accountant/ Your Name & Surname. Send to: [email protected] or apply directly to the LVIA Office in Dodoma by 17th of October 2023.
NOTE: All application Letters should be written in English, and you will be required to bring Original professional certificates during the interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by telephone or email; the job interview will be held in the LVIA office.
L.V.I.A P.O. BOX 160 Kongwa Tanzania Tel: +255(0)621 023629 Email: [email protected]