3 Oct 2022
Accountant at Interchick
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Interchick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Interchick Co. Ltd was established in 1988 and has grown to be Tanzanian’s leading integrated poultry farm with its head office in Dar es Salaam.
- Interchick is the leading poultry company in Tanzania with fully integrated poultry operations with over 30 years of experience in the poultry sector.
- The role requires you to have strong interpersonal skills and analytical and effective communication.
- The ability to plan and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines is fundamental
- Effective time management of workflow to meet accounting deadlines is critical.
- The ability to work without direct supervision, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical for the business’s success.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Accurate and timely posting of purchase invoices
- Preparation of payment vouchers
- Prepare weekly payments and submit them to Chief Accountant for review before close of business every Thursday.
- Timely payments of monthly statutory
- Posting purchase invoices by reviewing the accuracy of LPOs and GRNs before posting supplier invoices.
- Process petty cash reimbursements
- Ensure necessary supporting documents are available before processing payments. These documents include but not limited to LPO, GRN, supplier invoice, supplier statement and GL printout.
- Enquire statements from suppliers from time to time.
- Reconciliation of supplier’s statements to our internal GL before processing payment. Supplier reconciliation schedule shall be part of supporting documents when preparing payment voucher.
- Prepare detailed weekly cashflow forecast indicating the expected receipts and payments. This to be submitted to Chief Accountant every Tuesday.
- Post all payments processed and ensure they are accurately allocated to respective invoices.
- For payments relating to rentals, ensure signed lease contract is in place.
- Ensure all payments subjected to withholding taxes are dealt with accordingly and withheld amounts are remitted to TRA within the stipulated timeframe.
- Prepare weekly performance analysis of broilers cropped from contract farmers by confirming the accuracy of information to the source documents.
- Generate weekly aged accounts payable report and circulate to Chief Accountant and Financial Controller every Monday.
- Process and prepare monthly statutory payments, such as NSSSF, WCF, HESLB, NHIF, PAYE, SDL. These should be paid within the statutory deadlines.
- In consultation with Chief Accountant and/or Financial Controller, prepare payments relating to corporate tax on quarterly basis.
- Participate in month end stock take
- Participate and assist in year-end statutory audits and internal audit review to enhance audit effectiveness
- Perform any other duties as shall be reasonably assigned to you by management from time to time.
- The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized university.
- The candidate should have minimum of three years working experience in a busy accounting environment.
- Having worked with a manufacturing company or fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) will be added advantage.
Method of ApplicationSend your CV/Resume and all relevant certificates plus cover letter to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 October 2022.