Accountant at CBM / Mnazi Mmoja Hospital (Zanzibar)
- Company: CBM / Mnazi Mmoja Hospital (Zanzibar)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
TITTLE: Accountant (1)
DEPARTMENT: Department of Preventive and Curative
LOCATION: Mnazi Mmoja Hospital, Zanzibar
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DURATION: Employment Contract will be 24 months, with the possibility to extend depending on the availability of funds
Background and Purpose
Mnazi Mmoja Hospital is a Government, Semi – autonomous and referral and teaching hospital with all specialities in Zanzibar, serving the Population of 1.3 million, supported by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
With the support of the funds from Government and in partnership with CBM; Mnazi Mmoja Hospital will enhance its eye health services through Inclusive Project in Zanzibar Islands through the implementations in four main areas;
- Construction of a ramps in Eye Department building at Mnazi Mmoja Hospital and PHCU’s
- Capacity building through Training of medical staff in eye health Services (Long and Short courses)
- Conduct eye health outreach screening visits and surgical camps (both Children and Adults)
- Purchasing of Eye equipment at Primary level and Mnazi Mmoja Hospital
- Purchasing Low vision aid, hearing aid for Inclusive and vulnerable People and those with disabilities.
Mnazi Mmoja Hospital in Collaboration with CBM International, would like to recruit two positions; project and Accountant. The purpose of these position is to ensure effective and efficient implementation of Comprehensive Eye Care programmed under department of Ophthalmology.
Structure of Authority
The Accountant will report to Chief Accountant at Mnazi Mmoja Hospital
Duties and Responsibilities
- To post daily transaction, prepare Trial Balance, Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
- To examine and analyze accounting records and managing the financial risk of the projects.
- To maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
- To ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- To process all payments ensuring that proper supporting documents are included and they are properly approved before payments are made.
- To ensure the safe keeping of all critical financial tools such as cheque books and payment vouchers.
- To ensure Imprest are issued and retired with proper supporting documents before issuing of the new Imprest.
- To reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
- To monitor costs versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases, with a view to advice on any arising financial issues with donor.
- To ensure that purchases are done and received in accordance with procurement guidelines of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital and CBM.
- To organize and manage the annual audit of CBM Projects and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations, in close collaboration with the Director of Finance.
- To submit timely, accurate and complete reports including Project Plan Reports to the CBM as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
- To maintain proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in compliance with Good Samaritan Foundation procedures and standards.
- To perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head of Department, Project Lead and Project Coordinator.
- To prepare and submit request of funds to donor based on Approved budget.
Qualification and experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advance Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or any other related fields from recognized University/Institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounts, Finance/commerce
- Knowledgeable with accounting packages and software such as quick book
- Financial management background as a plus
Skills and attributes:
The key skills and attributes have been identified for the role of Accountant which is essential and desirable:
- Self-motivated and integrity.
- Ability to reflect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions.
- Business acumen and interest.
- Having organizational skills and the ability to manage deadlines
- Team working ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Information Technology
- Analytical ability
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- High level of numeracy
Method of ApplicationApplications should be addressed to the Executive Director accompanied by certified relevant certificates, Curriculum vitae, names and Telephone numbers of referees.
The application can be submitted by email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving application is 30th August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.