Accountant at ALAF
- Company: ALAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
• Generating, updating, and maintaining reports on income, expenditure, and financial transactions
• Keeping a record of project expenses, contracts, and other accounting data
• Analyze and approve vendor invoices and contracts
• Oversee the transfer of funds to various vendors and suppliers
• Provide Regular updates on progress to the Project Manager and the Finance Manager
• Overseeing the implementation of project terms
• Closely monitor Project spending against budget, prepare forecasts, and alert management on likely over-run, if any
• Ensure statutory and tax compliance in relation to the project
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation, finance, business, or a related field.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Final level CPA, additional certifications like CIMA will be an added advantage.
• Proven experience of 4-6 years as a Public Accountant, out of which at least 2 years should be in project or management accounting and reporting
• Proven ability to manage teams, build relationships, work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, influence others, and lead initiatives
• The ability to work with SAP ERP.
• Good understanding of Accounting standards (IFRS) and tax legislation.
• Advance level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a MUST
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Sound problem-solving skills. Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to properly interpret, apply and make decisions in accordance with the relevant policies.
• High integrity and judgment.
• An ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
• Ability to work well with the existing management team.
• Adept in developing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders
• Go-getter approach
• Fluent in written and spoken English
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st July, 2023.