Accountant Assistant at Tetra Tech International
- Company: Tetra Tech International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Tetra Tech seeks experienced candidates for the following positions:
Accountant Assistant (1 Post)- Based in Iringa
Working under the direction of the Director of Administration and finance, the Accountant Assistant will be –
Responsible for executing GFRA accounting and financial control systems and ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet Tetra Tech ARD accounting standards. The Accountant Assistant will assist with all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, payroll preparation, review and submission to Tetra Tech ARD Home Office, cash flow management. The accountant assistant will maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with USAID regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable) such that Tetra Tech ARD policy transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system
- University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting or equivalent position. Experience working in a similar position for an international organization is preferred. Knowledge of QuickBooks is required
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
- Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted about these positions. Deadline for submission of applications is September 28,2021.
Method of ApplicationTo apply through [email protected] with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line.
Closing Date : 28th September , 2021.