Academic Policy & Procedures Specialist at School of St Jude
- Company: School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Academic Policy & Procedures Specialist
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you interested in drafting and reviewing academic policies and procedures? Do you have advanced skills in Microsoft Office Applications? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality assistant teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Passionate individual who loves working with a team of intellects and children
- Knowledgeable with high standard of modern schools set ups and operations
- Lifelong learner with great attention to details, logical reasoning and interpersonal skills
- Capable individual who can do professional presentations through digital platforms e.g. Zoom, Teams, Skype etc.
What you’ll do
- Develop proposal for new policies and procedures on day to day school operations
- Review policies and procedures as per the monthly and annual calendar
- Work with both Head office and Academic Employees to develop policies and procedures related to academic operations.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders to understand their key challenges and propose reviews on existing procedures or develop new procedures for approval.
- Budget, plan and oversee activities of the mobile centres where far away parents meet with selected Employees to discuss students’ progress and sign school documents.
What we’re looking for
- Advanced Diploma in Information Technology/ Law or related field from an accredited University or College within East Africa are preferred.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Applications like Ms – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- At least three years’ experience in policy development, strategic planning and policy review.
- Advanced Skills in English (written, oral, and spoken) will be tested.
- Sense of maturity and professional work ethics including acceptable standard of dress codes.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationSend your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ACDM/APPS/01/23)
Applications close on 31st March 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE