23 Interns (Internships) at Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
- Company: Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) is Tanzania’s sole Standards body, formerly established by the Standards Act No. 3 of 1975, which was repealed and replaced by the Standards Act No. 2 of 2009. It is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Industry and Trade. TBS introduced internship programs for graduates from diverse academic backgrounds to have exposure in development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the Bureau.
TBS is currently looking for Twenty-three (23) graduates at degree, diploma and certificate levels among the fields mentioned below for Internship program to learn and practice the core functions of TBS. Preferred candidates should be dynamic, committed, suitably qualified, dedicated and eager to learn and develop experience through assigned tasks:
15 Interns for Imports Inspection Core functions) Required qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Petroleum Chemistry or Chemical and Process Engineering (10 interns);
- Bachelor of Science in Automobile or Mechanical Engineering (5 Interns).
08 Interns for Support functions Required qualifications:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – (1 intern)
- Diploma in Records Management (6 interns)
- Certificate in Reception or Secretarial Studies (1 intern)
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Tanzanians, graduating between 2016 to 2020
- All applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address, e-mail and telephone
- All applicants should indicate three reputable referees, one must be from his/her Academic Institutions with their reliable contact e-mails and telephone
- The maximum period for individual program is one year, no intern shall be reappointed as Bureau’s intern after completion of one year of his/her tenure as intern at
- Qualified Interns are expected to start the programme in fourth week on September
Method of Application
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; and
- Birth certificate or National Identity
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted;
- Form IV and form VI results slips; and
- Testimonials and all Partial
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified by the relevant authorities (TCU, NACTE or NECTA).
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
- Attach a letter of endorsement from a Local Government Chairperson or Executive Officer confirming your place of
- Attach a brief paper setting out the reasons why you need an internship with TBS and what expectation after a
- Deadline for application is 20th August, 2020
- Only qualified candidates will be informed on the date for
- Successful and accepted interns shall not be paid salaries or any remuneration attached to salaries instead interns will be assisted by Management from time to time from approved Budget to cover for transport and lunch
- Internship practice is not a guarantee for employment at In case employment opportunities arise at TBS, interns shall follow the laid down employment procedures in the Public Services as will be stipulated.
- Signed application letters should be written in English and addressed to the following address:
TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS,
P.O. BOX 9524,
DAR ES SALAAM.