Youth and Development Supervisor at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 30 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been present in Tanzania for 25 years, supporting refugees and Tanzanians with health, education and protection. With a National Office in Dar es Salaam and field offices in Kasulu, Kibondo and Kigoma.
The IRC currently has over 200 staff and employs a further 2,000 refugee workers to enable the frontline delivery of its programmes. Together, we aim to provide the best possible impact for some of the most vulnerable children, women and men. In all that we do, IRC strives to deliver through IRC’s core values of Integrity, Accountability and Service. This new role is at the heart of that challenge.
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall supervision of Youth and Development activities at Nyarugusu refugee camp in Kasulu District. He/She will reports to CYPD Senior Manager and will oversee the Youth and Development Officer and CYPD incentive staff.
- Manage the quality implementation of youth and development activities in Nyarugusu refugee camp, ensuring adherence to donor agreement and regulations, as well as IRC Tanzania’s CYPD sector strategy.
- Identify social needs and problems of vulnerable youth and identify appropriate responses.
- Ensure the organization of cultural, sports and recreational activities for youth in camps, and within host communities in accordance with the program strategy.
- Ensure particular focus is given to ASRH and HIV/AIDs issues within youth activities, liaising with Health IP in the camp and IRC GBV sector as appropriate.
- Ensure a functioning, efficient referral system is in place for vulnerable youth with the camp.
- Ensure the existence of safe spaces for youth within the camps, where they can express themselves freely and take on leadership roles.
- Mobilize youth and community actors within the camps, where they can express themselves freely and take on leadership roles.
- Mobilize youth and community actors within the camp to advocate for rights of youth and ensure the participation of youth in all stages of programming.
- Supervise the planning and facilitation of all meetings, trainings and awareness campaigns in the youth and development sector.
- Monitor activities conducted by the Youth Development Officer and refugee social workers and provide them with guidance and support in the performances of their activities.
- Ensure youth and development activities as well as coordinated with those of other IRC sectors and NGOs present in the camps, including community mobilization, referral systems and creating awareness in an integrated manner.
- Responsible for preparation of activities work plan, expenditure and procurement plans, monitoring project expenditure and ensuring that the targeted objectives are met in collaboration with the Supervisor.
- Track indicators and analyze data.
- Prepare activity reports, monthly and donor reports for review by the Supervisor.
- Lead and annual evaluation of program activities.
- Prepare proposals in collaboration with Supervisor and/or other programs staff, as requested.
Supervise Youth and Development Officer and refugee incentive staff and assist in personnel management and staff discipline.
Carry out standard personnel management functions including performance management and support for professional development.
Prepare staff duty roster and monitor staff adherence to program objectives.
Responsible for welfare and discipline of refugee incentive staff.
Attend and participate in trainings identified organized by your supervisor.
Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (Tanzania and worldwide) as per the IRC Tanzania report mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of staff members.
Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
Represent IRC at interagency meetings as assigned.
Assist in control and proper usage of stationaries and other items relating to work
Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Bachelor in social work or relevant social science with at least 3 year’s relevant work experience: OR at least 5 yeas relevant experience.
Experience in working with children and youth and especially vulnerable youth required.
Experience working on Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health issues desirable.
Experience working with rural communities desirable.
Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative required.
Good IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
Swahili and good English written and oral skills required. French a plus.