Yara International Jobs in Tanzania : Country Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Yara International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Yara’s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ business profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Yara re-entered Tanzania in 2006 with the clear objective of strengthening our market presence and promoting an integrated business model. As part of the Southern Agricultural Corridor Growth of Tanzania (SAGCOT) initiative, Yara committed to build the most advanced fertilizer terminal in the African continent, which was inaugurated in 2015 in the city port of Dar Es Salaam.
Yara Tanzania has focused on developing a responsible agriculture and extension approach, through establishing a crop specific product portfolio which is adapted to the local conditions. Intense efforts are devoted to the training of our retailer network as well as farmers in utilizing the correct fertilizers, in the right amount and precise timing.
Key in achieving this ambition are partnerships, the most relevant being the Farm to Market Alliance (FtMA), a consortium of private companies and NGOs which approaches the small holder farmer’s needs in a holistic manner and has the ambition of reaching 220,000 farmers by 2020.
- Main responsibilities include the implementation of the Farmer Centric strategy, focusing on direct sales of Yara’s crop nutrition solutions – composed primarily of Premium Products – to retailers and commercial farms, complemented by demand creation activities at smallholder farmer level.
- Manage and grow the existing retail network within the structure of the Channel Partner Program (CPP) in order to secure scale and be able to reach the farmers through a professional, loyal distribution structure.
- Deliver on the established medium-term Crop Based Roadmap targets for Tanzania, while exploring continuously for new potential attractive segments and market opportunities
- Full responsibility for the P&L for the Yara Tanzania Region – including the Rwanda and Burundi operations.
- Lead the management team overseeing Commercial, Marketing, Agronomy, Operations / Supply Chain, Business Support, Human Resources, HESQ functions in order to secure an efficient and reliable service level towards customers, partners and stakeholders
- Coordinate with the central teams and oversee the local implementation of global initiatives such as Commercial Excellence (CRM, etc.), Digital Farming, Global Solutions and Food Chain, etc.
- Nourish and maintain excellent relations with government officials – Ministers of Agriculture, Development, etc. – as well as key stakeholders like the Norwegian Embassy, and be the Yara representative in relevant forums related to the Agriculture Sector
- Act as Country Legal Representative for all Yara operations in Tanzania and ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture in the Yara organization
- Engage and empower the organization in accordance with the Yara Mission, Vision and Values
- Set the people agenda through alignment programs, talent development initiatives, performance management and succession planning.
- Experience with emerging markets, in particular Africa experience will be advantageous
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Agronomy or other relevant field; preferably with a masters or post-graduate degree.
- Proven track record as a member of a Management team in a Sales and Marketing Unit is a strong plus
- International management experience is an advantage.
- Commercially oriented and having a clear interest in the smallholder farmer environment in Africa
- Strong interpersonal relationship and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Strong strategic and risk management skills.
- Strong operational and financial management skills.
- Strong negotiation and commercial skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong results orientation.
- High cultural awareness / adaptability / flexibility.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Fluent written and spoken English.