World Wide Fund For Nature Jobs in Tanzania : Administrative Assistant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Wide Fund For Nature
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Tanzania – an international conservation organization in alliance with TRAFFIC the international wildlife trade monitoring network – is seeking a detailed-oriented Administrative Assistant to work in TRAFFIC’S office in Dar es Salaam.
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, works to ensure that trade in wild animals and plants is not a threat to the conservation of nature. It actively monitors and investigates wildlife trade and provides information to diverse audiences worldwide as a basis for effective conservation policies and programmes. The East Africa office of TRAFFIC has staff in Arusha and Dar es Salaam, with activities in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Ethiopia.
Working under the supervision of TRAFFIC’S Finance and Accounting Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
• Supporting financial procedures, such as procurements, and payments including organizing financial records and files;
• Managing correspondence into and from the office, including checking mail, electronic mailing systems, and making periodic back-ups of computer files;
• Answering, and following up where relevant, all incoming telephone calls and enquiries;
• Supporting international travel and meeting arrangements for East Africa staff; and,
• Organizing meetings and workshops – this includes handling the all meeting logistics (travel, accommodation, financial support, invitations, etc) for national and international meetings of upwards of 100 participants.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• High school diploma. Post-secondary courses in finance and/or event management preferred;
• Previous administrative experience preferred;
• Fluency in spoken and written English;
• Familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software;
• Well organized; and
• Friendly and team-oriented
How to Apply
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained through the web address: http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/ Applications must include a cover letter, along with a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, via email to: [email protected] by midnight Tanzania time, Friday, March 1st 2019. APPLY TO: [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The interviews will take place over Skype or in person in Dar es Salaam.