World Vision Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Grant Finance Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
Manage grant accounting, reporting and budgetary functions and ensure conformity with World Vision policies and stringent donor requirements.
- Facilitate preparation and revisions of donor budgets, AOPs, DIPS, cash flows in line with partnership guidelines and specific donor regulations, follow up the PBAS commitment of the Grant project and properly track the annual grant budget.
- Prepare and submit accurate donor reports timely and file the signed copies; implement internal controls and contribute to the designing of appropriate policies and procedures.
- Monitor actual grant expenditures against approved donor line items on a monthly basis; alert management on any irregularities and make recommendations concerning the re-negotiation or approved grant line items with the donor where appropriate.
- Review coding on vouchers for accurate account, expense codes, donor combinations and proper documentation (backup). Ensure weekly posting of transactions.
- Monitor and supervise project financial activities and review of finance documents to ensure compliance with donor regulations before payments.
- Coordinate supply chain activities (procurement, stores and fleet management) for the Grant in line with WV procurement policies, procedures and diverse donor requirements. Manage project fixed assets.
- Coordinate Grant audit exercise, participate in preparation of management responses and ensure timely submission, ensure 100% implementation of audit recommendations.
- Review all payments to ensure that they are within the approved control system. Conduct project site visits for verification on existence and delivery of materials.
- Manage all Balance sheet items including staff advances as per WV EER/Per diem policy. Review staff EERs for accuracy and validity of receipts.
- Ensure monthly timesheets are prepared by project staff in compliance with donor requirement, including reconciliation with Payroll.
- Ensure timely monthly funding for the Grant against approved donor budgets and cash flows.
- Build capacity of non-finance staff in Grant financial management and supervise the work of Grant Finance Officer
- Management of local partners; Review of partners budget, detailed implementation plans and cash flows, sub-grantee monitoring, physical verification of expenditure and posting of partners retirement.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor Degree in Accountancy or related fields.
- Experience: 5 years working in donor funded projects preferably GAC
- Required: ACCA, CPA
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word & Sun-systems software.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field work
- Travel: 10% Domestic travel is required.
- On call: 10%