WFP Jobs in Tanzania : Innovation Startup Advisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Identify and facilitate the internal selection of projects for the WFP CO innovation portfolio: local ventures and international pilots, in close collaboration with the global WFP innovation accelerator
- Own a portion of the WFP CO innovation portfolio and lead these projects towards success
- Scope, design, advise and conduct pilot innovation projects with third parties (local or international start-ups, foundations or private sector players)
- Represent the WFP Field Innovation hub at public events and towards partners and donors
- Deliver general and specific innovation trainings and coaching to aspiring and successful entrepreneurs (human centered design, lean startup, leadership development, etc)
- Support WFP innovation hub growth by designing and building Innovation Hub processes and capabilities
- Support WFP innovation hub growth by identifying, closing and managing potential partners
- Provide guidance to support staff and other CO colleagues, acting as internal champion for innovation
- Support other Innovation Hub projects and activities on an as-need basis.
- The candidate will be based in Dar es Salaam, with travel to the field when needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Should have a high affinity with the Tanzanian innovation space; ideally with startup-related experience
- Ability to clearly formulate a vision and inspire people around you, on a daily basis
- Have a founder mentality and are able to build (parts of) an organization from scratch
- Ability to quickly assess the quality of project proposals and ventures and can quickly formulate recommendations for improvements
- Ability to successfully run projects in multi-stakeholder environments: manage scope, budgets, impact and stakeholder satisfaction
- Ability to represent WFP innovation at senior partners, donors and other stakeholders
- Self-driven, extrovert, humble and easily connecting with people (offline)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google (drive and docs) suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels and in Kiswahili and English: from casual startup lingo to professional government communications.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Has gained five years relevant experience in innovation, start up, business or development.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The application deadline: 3 April 2019.
WFP agency standards and guidance:Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.