Water Supply Qa/qc Advisor at Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: anzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
- Provide targeted technical civil engineering support as needed to water supply projects, sharing openly with COP, DCOP, Water Services Technical Lead and WASH Technical Advisor insights and recommendations to ensure success,
- Review and monitor construction activities related to in-process water supply projects in close coordination with Winrock International.
- Support identification and monitoring construction management and quality issues and provide thoughtful, detailed and actionable recommendations for timely resolution to construction management challenges,
- Cross-check field construction activities in relationship to surveys and construction designs as appropriate.
- Monitor and support engineers on environmental issues to ensure WARIDI is in compliance with the WARIDI Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (EMMP) and is following best practices on environmental health and safety,
- Visit construction sites on a regular basis and provide useful reports on compliance to quality standards for field work.
- Review plans and specifications for water projects for compliance with quality standards and prepare recommendations to support continuous improvement in quality assurance and quality control areas,
- Strategically and effectively support reviews of progress for water supply projects throughout implementation.
- Provide solution-oriented recommendations to address identified construction issues,
- Prepare and provide quality and timely technical reports each week on observations, recommendations, and conclusions as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in activities related to monitoring, evaluating and reporting of project progress in coordination with WARIDI’s monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) team.
- Facilitate the inspection, verification and confirmation for work in progress and for completed projects by partners as directed in close coordination with Winrock International.
- Build and maintain a continuous interactive exchange of information with the COP, DCOP, Water Services Technical Lead, WASH Technical Advisor and other team members,
- Where necessary represent WARIDI at water related technical meetings as directed by the COP
EDUCATION: Relevant graduate degree in Civil engineering, construction management, hydrology or related field,
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the construction management sector as it relates to rural water supply in Tanzania. Experience managing donor-funded projects in Tanzania and/or East Africa. Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees. Experience building capacity of local organizations. Exceptional and demonstrated management, organizational, conceptual, strategic and analytical skills in construction management.
SKILLS: Excellent knowledge of various water supply assessments, designs and systems in Tanzania. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of social awareness on sensitive issues in the field. Familiarity with Tanzania and USAID environmental laws and regulations. Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize with competing deadlines and priorities. Strong organizational skills with ability to analyze and understand complex construction projects at both high- and detailed-levels. Experience partnering with a variety of individuals and organizations, including Tanzanian and US government officials, local communities, local NGOs, consultants, international agencies and donor organizations. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving and ethical management.
LANGUAGES: Strong command of the English and Kiswahili Languages (written & oral)
GENERAL: Be a team member, Be trustworthy, be reliable, Be self-motivated. Having the ability to be multi-tasked and efficiently respond to the needs of the project support and technical staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their current curriculum vitae (CV) and 3 references to: [email protected] Subject of the email should include “WARIDI Water Supply QA/QC Advisor”. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience,This position is open to Tanzania candidates only. Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all encourage applications from women and under represented groups. Tetra be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Deadline for submission of applications: 11th October 2019 at 16:00hrs