Water And Environment Project-water Consultant at TATU Project – Moshi
- Company: TATU Project – Moshi
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Moshi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT TATU PROJECT
TATU Project is a non-profit organization that facilitates an equal and sustainable development for the rural community of Msitu Wa Tembo and Londoto in Northern Tanzania. We address community needs and build effective solutions through active collaboration with members of Msitu Wa Tembo and Londoto and relevant stakeholders.
THE WATER PROJECT
TATU Water programme aims to achieve sustainable and equitable access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene in the communities of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto. Poor sanitation, unsafe water and unhygienic practices cause millions of children in the developing world to suffer needlessly from disease. Water- and sanitation-related disease, despite being preventable, remains one of the most significant child health problems worldwide and in the community.
The Water project has participated in the construction of three wells in three different areas of the community. This project has contributed to an increase in the access of water.
In collaboration with the Research and Development Manager, the Water consultant would conduct a study the impact of the current water project and assess the remaining needs in terms of access of water, to inform the Water project’s next steps.
GENERAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the R&D Department, the Water Consultant will conduct a thorough study analysing the community’s water needs to inform TATU Project’s water project and determine whether there is a need to build a new well. This will include, but not be limited to:
· Draft a proposal on the Needs Assessment for the Water project, with indicators and data collection methods on the Water access needs in the community.
· Conduct a pilot study
· Coordinate the data collection
· Analyse the data collected
· Make recommendations on strategies to increase the access to safe and clean water in the community.
· If times allows, implement some of the recommendations
The person recruited for this role is expected to have experience/training in at least two of the following fields:
· Master’s degree in a relevant field such as water management, water engineering, environmental management
· Experience conducting similar projects
· Experience working in Africa is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good organisation skills
· Excellent computer skills
· Experience working in a multi-cultural team is a plus
· VISA, flight, personal expenses on site, housing and insurance are at the charge of the volunteer.
· Optional accommodation in the NGO house for a standard contribution
· All work related costs, such as transport to the community & communications will be covered by the NGO
Details at a glance
Live and work abroad at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Moshi, Tanzania with an international NGO.
Conduct field work supporting and working with local communities and gain strong hands on experience
Work with a diverse international team while learning about sustainability and international development.
· Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organizations.
· A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment.
Participate in day trips and activities in and around Moshi.
Method of Application
Please send your CV and application letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Research and Development Coordinator Application from Idealist” Read more about this organization at http://www.tatuproject.org Location Shanty Town, Kilimanjaro Region, TZ