VSO Jobs in Tanzania : Project Manager
- Company: VSO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Lead and Provide overall strategic leadership and direction for the project, Develop and manage partnership agreements and good working relationships with key stakeholders in Tanzania including the Tanzanian government and donors. Also you will manage the strategic development, implementation and successful delivery of the Project in North Mara region on a day-to-day basis to contribute to the delivery of the project at the quality outcome desired, to time and budget specifications.If you want to enhance equitable and sustainable economic growth for SME’s in the North Mara region together with Volunteers (International and National) and Staff from different culture, this might be your job!
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Masters or bachelor degree in business, marketing, Public Relation, Entrepreneurship, Economics or related subject.
• 5-7 years of work experience in a professional environment; preferably in a reputable company/organization, International Organization.
• Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools to ensure effective planning, re-sourcing, implementation and review of projects and experience of organizational assessment, planning and review tools and processes.
• Practical experience of applying development issues at a project or community level.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development issues. Experience and knowledge of the relevant project area.
• Substantial experience of con-tract and project risk management within complex project frameworks. Evidence of an understanding of the challenges of donor and contract management.
• Ability to lead, develop, coach and support a high performing teams, and in particular experience and expertise in leading multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience of the financial management of budgets, including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditure. Previous experience of having compiled financial reports
• Able to develop multiple ideas to solve an issue or situation and take a swift decision, including in a high risk situation.
• Able to adapt to new and demanding situations, with experience of living and working in developing countries.
• Competent Data usage: including speedy collation and analysis of complex and high volume data, using appropriate Information Technology packages where necessary.
• Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to work fluently in English. Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail. Articulate, influential, concise and able to negotiate.
• Familiarity with monitoring & evaluation methodology in terms of gathering evidence and presenting results to meet do-nor requirements
• Ability to present and represent the project in a variety of media and to a variety of audiences including: government, private sector, donors and civil society
• Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships, alliances and networks in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment.
• Able to travel and work long hours, including work away from the home base for up to 30% of time, both within the country and occasionally internationally and some weekend and evening work.
• Practical experience gained within a development NGO context
• Experience and knowledge of the country and region.
• Confidence and experience in external representation.