VSO Jobs in Tanzania : Driver
- Company: VSO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Ideal Candidate primary responsibilities will be to drive passengers, run errands and undertake other logistical activities. Consistently ensure that Project vehicle and driving policies and good practice are followed at all times. Manage vehicles as requested, including cleaning; checking toolbox contents are complete also daily checks.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Form 4 or 6 certificate, Full valid and clean driving licence and significant level of driving experience with minimum of 4 years and above.
• Familiar with and able to under-take basic 4WD vehicle check.
• Excellent knowledge of the Country geography
• Good understanding and Speak-ing English.
• Holding of secondary School Certificate
• Able to travel and spend time away from home for extended periods of time
• Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international or-ganisation with progressive work standards
• Commitment to VSO’s values and sensitivity to equal oppor-tunities particularly regarding HIV&AIDS, disability and gender
• Experience working with inter-national Non-Government Organisations