VSO Jobs in Tanzania : Communication Adviser – Remote
- Company: VSO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The aim of the Communication Advisor role is to capture the various success stories the project has fostered. By using your creative writing skills, you will conduct informal interviews with project partners and beneficiaries to draft various written articles, to be shared with potential donors and local media outlets. Moreover, you will be asked to apply your communications skills by developing a marketing strategy to support the sustainability of your inputs. This will entail a scan of local media outlets including radio, newspaper, and social media to communicate project work to a wider audience. By working with other international and national volunteers, there will also be opportunities to collaborate and contribute to workshop content and various site visits.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a similar discipline
- Several years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communications strategies
- Strong writing, editing and communications skills, next to experience in developing print and digital communications materials
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English;
- Proven ability in delivering relevant content to digital and social media;
- Strong in expressing creativity in all different communication channels and ability to quickly switch between them.
Competencies and Behaviour
Whether You Want To Join Us As An Employee, Or As a Volunteer Working In Your Own Country, Overseas Or Online, Our Selection Process Includes An Assessment Based On These Core Competencies
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together.
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
NOTE: ITS INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER.
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.