Vodafone Jobs in Tanzania : Manager : M-Commerce Product Development
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Vodafone
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
1. JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the M-Commerce Head of Product Development. The role involve designing, manage implementation, delivery and management of M-Pesa products based on the adopted strategies and vision.
Product Design :
Support the business development team to identify opportunities and develop new products, using data and insight to establish the consumer’s problem or unmet need.
Product Delivery :
Project manage development and delivery of new products in accordance with Vodacom Standards.
Continually review, evaluate and enhance the current product offering. To ensure that all
products offered are in-tune with customer needs and deliver an excellent customer experience
Drive M-Pesa innovation, creating and implementing M-Pesa innovation strategy
Provide technical support to internal and external stake holders who need to integrate with M-Pesa
Managing staffs to achieve company results by communicating job expectations and helping them to achieve through planning, coaching, mentoring, developing and monitoring progress to ensure productivity.
3. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bsc. In Computer engineering or in Computer science, or electronics or other related fields.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the GSM industry or financial services sector with at least 1 year in mobile money/ mobile banking
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Project
- Swahili & English (fluent)
4. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Project Management – experience with management of project teams achieving deadlines
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & business
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the m-Commerce business portfolio; able to identify opportunities for Vodacom and define and implement these opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of m-Commerce division
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing an advantage, expert word processor and PowerPoint skills a distinct advantage