Vodacom Jobs in Tanzania : Manager: IT Service Delivery and Corporate
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Vodacom
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Reporting to the head of IT Systems and Service Delivery, Manager for IT Services Delivery & Corporate Application will be responsible for managing the overall corporate applications and IT help desk. This includes managing the in scope systems end to end.The systems in this scope includes the following
Active directory and other linked systems like ARM and IRS and Ms Exchange
- End user support.(Operations) Responsible for the overall end user support services for all the services/functions that the IT offer to the internal customers/staff. Responsible for the performance of the service desk functions.
- SLA management
- Establish the SLA between the IT and business and manage the SLA between the IT and the customers, ensure the SLA is reviewed between the customer and IT and necessary survey are conducted for the overall performance of the IT services. Establish and manage the Operational Service Agreements between the back office support teams and the service desk.
- Inventory management Responsible for the IT asset management, checks and controls and all the time have the correct and updated asset information.
- Systems Management Patch management is done according to patch management policy. All systems in the scope should at any point in time comply with the patch process and have latest approved security patches
- All in scope systems have backup
- All the restore tests are performed as per the approved restore test plan.
- All TRPs are updated according to the system changes
- TRP test is performed as per the BCM plan
- The findings are resolved according to the committed timelines (Audit, penetration tests, and vulnerability scans e.tc.) as per the agreed timelines.
- Monthly user access reviews is done
- Compliance to security policy and procedures
- Systems hardening is done as per the hardening process
- Monthly super user logs reviews with evidence and signed off monthly is done as per the policy
- Should ensure all the above mentioned task is done for in scope systems and for any other systems that may be added at the description of the Line Manager
- Ensure all the systems are configured in monitoring tools for different alerts
- The in scope systems are managed end to end from OS, DB and Application level. Details of the systems are
- Establish the roadmap for the Enterprise Service Desk and ensure that the roadmap is implemented as agreed, establish the Key Performance Indicators and key success factors for the Service Desk and ensure that are measure correctly for daily service delivery improvement
- IT standard Compliance Responsible for the overall implementation of the ITIL methodology across the organization for the quality service delivery of IT services and overall performance of the Vodacom business.
- Responsible for overall security to the systems in scope and ensure its compliance to technology audit checklist
- Budget management
- Budget Management. Responsible for the proper and appropriate acquisition and procurement of the IT office automation tools as per the business needs including but not limited to computers, photocopiers, printers, scanners and consumables, software, etc by providing proper and correct recommendations to the head of section and management.
- People Management
- Manage and motivate people under the section and ensure that they are doing their responsibilities as required.
Reports – on the weekly/monthly IT services performance on the SLA, Asset
Job Specific Requirements, Qualifications & Competencies (Knowledge, skills and attributes)
- Bachelor of Science Degree and equivalent
- MBA is an added advantage.
- Min. 3 years in Telecommunications, banking industry or any industry with more than 400 desktops/laptops
- Min. 2 years project management experience
- Min. 5 years IT experience
- Min. 3 years management experience
- Min 2 years in auditing and risk management activities.
- Providing Leadership and Direction
- Must be flexible to work on the dynamic and demanding business environment
- Irregular Hours
- Ability to manage stress and pressure of job
- Effective time-management is essential
- ITIL/Cobit knowledge
- ITSM knowledge
- Project Management Tools
- Operating Systems/Office Applications
- Project Leading Management
- IT Methodology
- Audit and compliance knowledge