VisionFund International Jobs in Tanzania : Chief Executive Officer
- Company: VisionFund International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
VisionFund International is Financial Empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish. In 2017, VisionFund provided 1.47 million loans totaling more than US $836 million, while impacting 2.6 million jobs
Here’s where you come in:
As the CEO of VisionFund Tanzania, you will lead an organisation that honors Christian values by positively impacting the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a particular focus on the rural areas of Tanzania. This individual will be responsible for creating a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that will be capable of growth while managing risks. You will oversee an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets. This leader will work closely with World Vision to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation. In this role, you will deal with all regulatory issues and lead the organisation through the process of conversion into a regulated deposit-taking institution in the near future.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institution.
- Prior Micro-Finance experience is mandatory.
- Must have work experience in a regulatory environment and better with an institution that intermediate savings.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
- Travel: 90% Domestic and 10% of international travel is desired.
- Must get a work Permit if not a local staff from within the Country.