VETA Moshi Jobs in Tanzania : Accounts Officer II
- Company: VETA Moshi
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA) is an autonomous Government Agency established by the Act of Parliament No. 1 of 1994. VETA is responsible for regulating, coordinating, financing and providing Vocational Education and Training in Tanzania.
Moshi Regional Vocational Training Centre is one of 29 centers owned by the Vocational Education and Training authority (VETA) and it was established in 1980 and inaugurated in 1984 by Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere to serve the population of Kilimanjaro Region and surrounding areas.
VETA Moshi RVTSC is looking for qualified, competent, dynamic and committed Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies on contract terms.
Job Title : Accounts Officer II- 1 Post
Duty Station : Moshi RVTSC
Reporting relationship : Bursar
- Preparation of all types of payment in the Navision accounting system and timely payment of suppliers and internal customers after approval of payments;
- Receiving and recording all types of revenue received in the Authority and timely banking of all cash received;
- Ensuring that all payments made are properly supported with relevant documents and approvals;
- Making follow-up with all banks on all outstanding issues identified after bank reconciliation statements have been prepared;
- Preparing and recording of petty cash payments as per stipulated limit;
- Provide inputs for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual IGA report
- Maintaining cheques register;
- Keeping proper records of payment vouchers and receipt; and
- Performing any other duty assigned from time to time by a supervisor.
- Holder of Diploma in Accountancy or Accounting Technicians Certificate (ATEC II) from any recognized Institution
- shall have at least one (1) year working experience in the relevant field
- A minimum of form IV Secondary School Education with credit passes.
- Computer literate.
- Must have good communication proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Must be hardworking, patient, smart and disciplined.
Attractive package commensurate with ones qualification waits the successful candidate.
Method of Application
- Application letters enclosed with detailed curriculum vitae, indicating names and addresses of three referees, certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and certificates and birth certificates. Please note that the certificates not certified and provisional statement of results will not be accepted.
- Only applicants with required qualifications will be considered.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Attractive package commensurate with one’s qualification awaits the successful candidates