UONGOZI Institute Jobs in Tanzania : Researchers
- Company: UONGOZI Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa.
Located in the President’s Office, United Republic of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organises high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
UONGOZI Institute is currently seeking to recruit two (2) Researchers.The successful candidates will contribute to the research programmes of UONGOZI Institute by carrying out research, publishing, and engaging in policy debates on issues of relevance to leadership for sustainable development in Africa.
Research and Policy
• Assist in the preparation of concept notes and proposals for consultancy, research, policy-support work;
• Coordinate and monitor outsourced research projects and consultancies as and when required;
• Conduct research on relevant issues in line with the Institute’s Strategic Plan and Programmes;
• Collect and collate material for reference use;
• Assist in the coordination of policy dialogues and various other forums organised by the Institute;
• Prepare papers for various forums hosted by the Institute;
• Contribute relevant content to the Institute’s Blog;
• Keep abreast of new developments in research and policy as they relate to the Institute’s mandate and;
• Any other relevant duties as directed by the supervisor
Technical papers developed and published o Research and policy work undertaken
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Computer literacy;
• Demonstrated creative problem solving skills;
• Knowledge of performance and sustainability reporting;
• Customer focus;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, and
Commitment to public service.
-Master’s in Social Science and Postgraduate Qualification in Quantitative and Qualitative Research (or relevant postgraduate qualification)
No less than five (5) years of relevant work experience.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit: • An application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) on research work conducted, • Contact details for three referees, • Copies of certificates. Your application must be received by February 15th, 2019 to the address below, with subject line RESEARCHER: Chief Executive Officer, UONGOZI Institute Plot No. 62, Msasani Road, Oysterbay. P.O. Box 105753, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania OR via Email: [email protected] UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.