University of Dare es Salaam Jobs in Tanzania : Driver
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: University of Dare es Salaam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Centre for Climate Change Studies (CCCS) located at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is a multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary research Centre for Climate Change related issues. These matters range from Academic and Professional Training, Basic and Applied Research as well as Outreach Programmes. The Centre addresses these pertinent issues through collaborations with Local and International partners.
The Centre seeks to employ a Driver to provide support to the implementation of the day-to-day activities.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
• To ensure provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving organizational vehicle, visitors and delivery & collection of mails and/or documents.
• Ensure the availability and maintenance of all the required documents such as logbooks, vehicle insurance and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• Responsible for safe-keeping of the vehicle and tools entrusted to him/ her.
• Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle and tools.
• Maintain disciplined behaviour and proper conduct in rendering services to his/ her assignees.
• Report promptly any defect or problems detected in the vehicle.
• Perform any other duties assigned to him/her by the Director or his designate.
• Will be based in Dar es Salaam at the Centre for Climate Change Studies.
• May require 20% of travelling.
• Work on a full-time basis.
• Successfully completed Ordinary “O” Level Secondary Education with PASSES in Kiswahili and English.
• Possession of Trade Test Grade II, VIP Certificate from recognized Institutions such NIT or VETA will be an added advantage.
• Must have a valid Class “C” Driving License.
• At least four years of working experience as a Driver.
• Professional work ethic including efficiency and punctuality.
• Safe driving record.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Fluency on English and Kiswahili.
• Possess good writing and verbal communication skills.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right Candidate commensurate with his/ her qualifications and experience in accordance with Government circulars and directives.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
One-year contract with possibility of extension; subject to candidate’s performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the Undersigned enclosing: • Signed application letter • CV • Photocopies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts • Names and addresses of three (3) Referees • Mode of communication, e.g. telephone, e-mail, fax etc. NOTE: • Applicants currently employed in the public service should channel their application letters through their respective Employers. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Interested applicants should submit their applications to the; Director Centre for Climate Change Studies University of Dare es Salaam P. O. Box 33453 DAR ES SALAAM DEADLINE: The closing date for the application is 14 days from the first appearance of this advertisement. Deadline: 06th March, 2019