Unilever Jobs in Tanzania : Procurement Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Job Main Purpose
Procurement Manager is responsible for professional sourcing of products/services meeting the specified needs of the Business at most competitive commercial terms and supports Unilever Sustainable Living Plan in the procurement of materials and services.
- Procurement of the materials/services Portfolios: Decides what to buy, where to buy, how to buy, when to buy
- Develop and implement strategies for the procurement of the respective portfolios.
- Follow market conditions, prepare price trends and formulate future markets trends for the business.
- Support the business with accurate price forecasting. Prepares information on purchase prices and conditions to enable proper budgeting and cash forecasting.
- Identify metrics, tools and process to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Procurement operations teams to support the launch of innovations and new product development
- Work closely with categories and suppliers to drive key initiatives such as Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Initiate and drive complexity reduction projects (e.g. harmonisation of specifications and suppliers)
- Delivery of the VIP programmes for the specific materials.
- Deliver the Operation Cash Flow and Working Capital plans for the specific materials/services and suppliers.
- Manage supply chain issues (e.g. crisis management).
- Measure and manage overall performance of suppliers.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Business or any other related subject
- Over 5 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Management
- Willing to be based in Mufindi
- Experience on large-scale change management projects
- Experience in international assignments is a plus
- E xperience in Supply Chain operations
- Proven track record of analytical thinking