25 Oct 2019
Tour Coordinator/Guide at Fastlink Safaris Limited
Welcome to Jobweb Tanzania. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fastlink Safaris Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Tanzania
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
The tour coordinator’s job begins long before the tour itself. A tour coordinator interacts with managers, booking agents and publicists to develop a calendar of events with locations, dates and times. This calendar provides the groundwork for organizing travel and transportation and accommodations. The tour coordinator is also responsible for making any arrangements to meet the specific needs of staff and performers.
Once the tour begins, the tour coordinator travels with the group, staying on top of the scheduling by troubleshooting any travel issues, problems with the touring staff and schedule changes. A significant part of the tour coordinator’s job is to make sure that each person is in the right place at the right time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare travel calendar.
- Communicate with managers, booking agents and publicists.
- Listen carefully and meet the needs of tour staff and performers.
- Make all travel arrangements including rental cars, limos, private and commercial airline travel.
- Reserve appropriate accommodations for tour staff and performers.
- Troubleshoot any logistical issues, staff or performer problems.
- Oversee the schedule of every person involved in the tour.
- Keep travel expenses within the tour’s budget.
- Work closely with the road manager.
- Travel for weeks and months at a time.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Team Player
- Diploma or degree in Tourism or related field
- 2+ years of experience
- Communication/Interpersonal skills
- Pleasant and Presentable
- Smart presentable appearance
- Friendly personality and ability to engage customers.
- Certification in relevant computer applications
- Experience in delivering service in a demanding customer environment
- Fluency in appropriate foreign languages
- Experience in related field will be an added advantage.
1-year Renewable contract after completion of 3 months probationary period.