TIB Corporate Bank Limited Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Officer – AML & CFT
- Company: TIB Corporate Bank Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TTIB Corporate Bank Limited (TIB CBL) is a Commercial Bank and is licensed by Bank of Tanzania to carry on banking business across a network of branches, agencies and departments. The bank offer complementary and supporting banking services such as short term and working capital loans, trade loans as well as other banking products and services. TIB CBL is looking for committed, self-driven, dynamic and competent qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Senior Officer – AML & CFT (Dar es Salaam HQ)
He/she will be responsible to ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions of the Bank and ensure timely reporting of suspicious transactions to the MLRO and the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). He/ She will also be required to analyse information received from Correspondent Banking activity or required to analyse and address AML and economic sanctions related alerts.
• Provide proactive and responsive advice to MLRO as well as disseminate relevant information on AML matters to Bank staff.
• Investigate and assess alerts for potential Anti Money laundering risks in the Bank
• Ensure efficient, timely identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions
• Build awareness, keep up-to date and comply with KYC AND AML
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice criminal typology and developing trends
• Advice management on current issues regarding correspondent banking related to AML.
• Suspicious transaction identified and reported to the FIU in line with the requirement of the AML Regulations
• Implementation and following up, reviewing of compliance assessment checklists and reports covering identified risks.
• Carry out analytical reviews of AML reports and perform trend analysis of suspicious transactions
• To carry out volume/value analysis to determine appropriate thresholds to be used for suspicious transaction alerts monitoring
• To ensure that suspicious activity reports are produced and escalated in accordance with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) Minimum operation standards
• Help to provide comprehensive training and guidance to branch staff on the identification/investigation/review of suspicious transaction
• Understanding the risk based assessment to AML compliance and assist them in compiling appropriate customer profiles
• To maintain logs of AML Breaches and fines and Suspicious Activity Report raised and reported.
• Obtain annual coverage plans on Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering, Bribery and corruption, Fraud and sanctions and monitor status on a continuous basis and report any deviation to Money Laundry Reporting Officer
• Collate and draft consolidated AML compliance report and other reports as required by the Money Laundry Reporting Officer within deadlines.
• Report AML compliance risks and issues arising from the business promptly and appropriately in accordance with local, legal and regulatory requirements
• Support Money Laundry Reporting Officer by ensuring the effective coordination of information on continuous basis.
• Evaluate processes/ controls for financial crime management to meet the objective of continuous improvement.
• Review investigation reports for root cause analysis and follow up business on remedial recommendations.
Qualification, Knowledge, Experience
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
• Qualified in a relevant discipline such as legal, risk or similar area
• Experience in financial services data analysis, AML Compliance specific related
• Experience in development of Compliance policies, procedures and guidelines
• Sound knowledge of legislations and regulations within a banking environment
• 4 to 8 years related experience.
• General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC Automated solutions is helpful
• Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML Risks, develop comprehensive user requirements and provided recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks.
Experienced in some of the following environments:
• Compliance role AML/CFT
• Internal Audit
• Risk management or risk control
• The ability to deal with a diversity of problems, using sound judgement and direction
• The ability to deal with routine issues as well as customer interface when required.
• The ability to deliver results within agreed time frames
• Have the ability to make sound decisions based on the limited information, risk related factors and business needs
• Successful track record in communication and delivering presentations to internal clients and/or senior level executives
• Logical and rational thinker – has a clear, focused and methodical approach to work
• Resilient and assertive
• Self-motivated and energetic
Method of Application
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the email address below, enclosing: An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae. Copies of relevant certificates and awards. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available. Names and full addresses of three referees. Closing Date is Thursday, 7th March 2019 THE MANAGING DIRECTOR, TIB Corporate Bank Limited, Samora Tower - 7th Floor, Samora Avenue/Bridge Street, P.O. Box 9102, Dar es Salaam. Tel: +255 222 162440 Email: [email protected] Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted. TIB Corporate Bank Limited is an equal Opportunity Employer