TIB Corporate Bank Limited Jobs in Tanzania : Principal Internal Audit Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TIB Corporate Bank Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
TIB Corporate Bank Limited (TIB CBL) is a Commercial Bank and is licensed by Bank of Tanzania to carry on banking business across a network of branches, agencies and departments. The bank offer complementary and supporting banking services such as short term and working capital loans, trade loans as well as other banking products and services. TIB CBL is looking for committed, self-driven, dynamic and competent qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Principal Internal Audit Officer (Dar es Salaam HQ)
The Job holder will report to the Director of Internal Audit. He/she will be responsible for making sure the Audit plan is executed timely, prepare reports to Management and the Board, ensure recommendations by Internal & External Auditors and those by Regulator (BOT) are implemented and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies. The jobholder reports to the Director Internal Audit. He/she is responsible for carrying out audit functions in the bank, and to oversee compliance with approved financial and operational controls.
• Ensure timely execution of Audit Plan as approved by the Board.
• Analyse data for evidence of deficiencies in control, duplication of effort, fraud or lack of compliance with approved management policies, procedures, laws and government regulations.
• Ensure Audit Reports and recommendations including those by external auditors and Bank of Tanzania (BOT) examiners are implemented.
• To participate in the planning and preparation of audit programmes.
• To examine financial and accounting records and supporting documents to ensure that they are accurately and properly prepared and maintained.
• To draft audit reports and discuss audit findings and recommendations with the relevant senior officers.
• To ensure compliance with the laid down risk management control procedures and practices.
• Conduct special audits and investigations as and when required
• To carry out any other duties assigned to him/her by Director Internal Audit.
Qualifications, knowledge, experience:
• Holder of Bachelor degree in the field of Accounting, Commerce, Economics or related discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
• Membership of a professional accounting body – CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
• Professional certification in Auditing – Certified Internal Auditor [CIA] and other certifications will be an added advantage.
• At least 3-6 years working experience. Prior experience in a recognized audit firm and experience in public accounting will be an added advantage.
• Excellent understanding of balance sheet and income statement and ability to analyse and interpret financial statements and make recommendations.
• Knowledge of best practices in Internal Audit including of legislation application to taxation.
• Excellent understanding of internal control system.
• Knowledge of BOT rules, regulations and reporting
• Excellent knowledge of risk based approach to internal auditing.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills with ability to produce original well composed reports.
• Knowledge of IFRS, IAS, ISA and Bank’s financial reporting process.
• Ability to analyse and interpret financial statements and make recommendations.
• High level of confidence and integrity.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and personally responsible for achieving objectives and clear results for work
• Computer literate with advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Creates new opportunities and generates ideas which add value to the business, and challenges others ideas in a constructive way.
• Evaluate priorities across processes/teams and facilitates agreement to changing priorities and new challenges by monitoring progress of jobs and agreeing to work schedules
How to Apply
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the email address below, enclosing: An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae. Copies of relevant certificates and awards. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available. Names and full addresses of three referees. Closing Date is Thursday, 7th March 2019 THE MANAGING DIRECTOR, TIB Corporate Bank Limited, Samora Tower - 7th Floor, Samora Avenue/Bridge Street, P.O. Box 9102, Dar es Salaam. Tel: +255 222 162440 Email: [email protected] Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted. TIB Corporate Bank Limited is an equal Opportunity Employer