The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : Research Coordinators x4
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
|Title||Research Coordinators (4)|
|Duration||Temporary contract for a period of 3-6 weeks starting around March 2019|
|Budget||Pop Council SOAR-OVC Supp-245
EGPAF is implementing a qualitative study to assess how lay workers administer an HIV risk-screening tool. Data collection duties involve structured observations of the tool administration, in-depth interviews with adolescents and caregivers, and focus group discussions with community workers. Field work will be required, and may be in one or more of these regions: Shinyanga, Tabora, Njombe, Dar es Salaam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities will largely focus on:
- Training in protection of human subjects (ethics) and all study procedures
- Conducting respondent recruitment, consenting, observations, qualitative interviewing
- Data entry and data cleaning
- Reporting on activities and deliverables
- Completing assigned tasks within time frame allotted
- All RCs will submit daily or weekly reports detailing their hours completed and achievement of work targets.
- Work in Dar es Salaam will be compensated at a daily allowance rate, subject to tax.
- When travelling outside of Dar es Salaam, a small stipend in additional to the daily allowance rate, will be provided to cover per diem and lodging costs. Air travel to the field will be covered by EGPAF.
- Submitting completed data collected in paper and electronic formats, as stipulated by EGPAF.
Education & Experience
- Must have at least an advanced diploma/degree in either of the following: sociology, statistics, medical or related field
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Must have prior experience in conducting qualitative research data collection
- Proficiently with computers and audio recording equipment
- Ability and availability to travel to the field for at least 3 weeks non-stop.