TGNP Mtandao Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Programme Officer: Policy Engagement and Movement Building
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TGNP Mtandao
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Senior Programme Officer: Policy Engagement and Movement Building will be equality, social justice responsible for catalyzing Transformative Feminist and advancing women’s rights, gender equality, social justice and women’s empowerment. Will coordinate, implement and facilitate coalition and linkage building activities of strategic coalitions and partners, especially Women Rights Organizations, outreach groups, national, regional and international networks. Also will coordinate organizations for movement building platforms and mechanisms for collective reflections, building consensus and strategizing for strengthening the transformative women’s movement. Further, facilitate the development/updating of systems and tools for the enhancement and documentation of coalition building processes and activities. Also will be responsible for co-ordination and monitoring of information-sharing, meetings/reflection sessions and networking of CSO partners. Specific activities will include:
• Identifying policy advocacy and lobby priorities on which to focus efforts of the feminist movement at grassroots and national level and coordinate implementation of advocacy activities
• Promote the building, expansion and support of strategic linkages with other relevant actors, outreach and international networks to achieve the ultimate goal of feminist transformation through increased information sharing and advocacy regionally, nationally, and beyond.
• Design and coordinate implementation of advocacy activities in line with strategic policy processes including SDG, FYDP, GBS, PER, Sectoral & Local government and Parliament
• Development, implementing and monitoring events calendar national, regional, and international for policy engagement and campaign
• Produce white papers and other materials in response to the policy gaps and needs identified from policy analysis and disseminate to relevant stakeholders
• Carry out effective representation and publicity of advocacy issues to the relevant forum and/or public
• Coordinate Gender festivals and other key platforms for movement building
Qualifications and key competencies:
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or equivalent with major in policy analysis and Rural/Development studies plus Gender analysis & mainstreaming with a minimum experience of four (4) years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in policy analysis, NGO activism and organizing, advocacy and lobbying is added advantage.
• A master’s degree in similar field is an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal, networking and organizing skills
• Effective public speaking and presentation ability
• Strong negotiating skills at high level
• Mobilization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply
All applications supported with CV and other supporting documents to be submitted within 10 working days from date of first appearance this advertisement which is 09th February 2019. Application should be sent through the postal address below or delivered by hand at TGNP office. The organization is an equal opportunity employer however women and youth are highly encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director TGNP Mtandao, P.O. Box 8921, Mabibo Road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.tgnp.org Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted Source: https://tgnp.org/2019/02/10/1625/