TGNP Mtandao Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Programme Officer: Communication for Movement Building
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TGNP Mtandao
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Tanzania
The Senior Programme Officer: Communication for Movement Building will be responsible for coordinating the production, distribution, dissemination, utilization/consumption of TGNP publications with aim to educate society about how to adhere to gender equality, equity and human rights in campaigning for policy change and building the women’s movement. Specific activities will include:
• Build and generate high-quality evidence- based documentation for women’s movement: will collaborate with other programme staff to plan, coordinate and develop original communications materials and publications to inform Organisation Programme and women’s movement, for special initiatives and events, to showcase best practices and programs.
• Develop content and review and edit drafts of diverse publications, prepare information brochures and factsheets; draft articles and re-package reports to communicate the achievements of major initiatives for distribution to various audiences.
• Produce transformative stories of programme/project activities and initiatives for internal and external use.
• Develop and or update communications and advocacy strategy and plans that will guide TGNP Mtandao in its external relations and internal communications.
• Develop and deliver the communications department annual operating plan
• Work on organizational visibility, media relations: develop and support implementation of effective media plan relations at all levels to engage more effectively on issues of women and other marginalized groups.
• Ensure development of advocacy oriented communications to support evidence based advocacy campaigns and movement building activities
• Build capacity on communications of TGNP Mtandao key actors and selected members of women’s movements.
• Ensure brand visibility and enforce quality and standards Develop and/or update and implement TGNP Mtandao branding guideline
• Work with other programme staff to ensure consistency and compliance with TGNP Mtandao branding guidelines for all project related communication materials and products.
Qualifications and key competencies:
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences mass communication, public relations and/or journalism with specialization in information communication/media or equivalent and not less than four (4) years working experience in creative writing, editing, translation, publishing and marketing.
• A master’s degree in similar field is an added advantage.
• Ability to edit and write a wide range of materials, for a variety of target audiences;
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and team-player with ability to manage outsourced work;
• Advanced knowledge of desktop publishing & creative designing and productions of information related products
• Demonstrable excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply
All applications supported with CV and other supporting documents to be submitted within 10 working days from date of first appearance this advertisement which is 09th February 2019. Application should be sent through the postal address below or delivered by hand at TGNP office. The organization is an equal opportunity employer however women and youth are highly encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director TGNP Mtandao, P.O. Box 8921, Mabibo Road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.tgnp.org Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted Source: https://tgnp.org/2019/02/10/1625/