Tetra Tech ARD Inc Jobs in Tanzania : Office Administrator
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tetra Tech ARD Inc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Overview: Tetra Tech ARD, Inc. a US – based international development firm is implementing the USAID Tanzania Water Resources Integrated Development Initiatives (WARIDI) which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, climate change adaption and the environment in Tanzania. Tetra Tech is advertising for the following positions to be based in Morogoro. All applicants should be Tanzanian citizens and be fluent in Swahili and English. The position is immediately available. Candidates must be able to work to work in a multi – cultural, multi – ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender. Women are encouraged to apply.
Position: Office Administrator WARIDI Ifakara Office, Tanzania
Reports To: Senior Office Manager in Morogoro
The Office Administrator has the responsibility for the administration and logistics functions of the Ifakara office. The Office Administrator will supervise the Office Attendant and Ifakara office drivers and reports to the Senior Office Manager WARIDI project, Morogoro Office.
• Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the WARIDI Ifakara office.
• Ensure the orderliness of office supplies.
• Establish and maintain effective office information management systems including files, hardware, software, and technical support.
• Report to Senior Office Manager on property inventory and management.
• Report to Senior Office Manager on the repair and maintenance needs of the office.
• Manages the pool of vehicles.
• Supervise the Office Attendant and make sure cleanness of the office
• Supervise drivers under the close communication with the Logistic Specialist.
• Make sure of the safety and security of the office.
Logistics / Vehicle Coordination
• Coordinates and schedules allocation and use of vehicles for Ifakara office.
• Create and maintain a staff travel tracker for Ifakara office and share with Logistic Specialist.
• Reports to Logistics Specialist on maintenance schedule for all vehicles and ensures timely and necessary routine maintenance (including checking oil and other fluids, battery, brakes, tires and other critical equipment) as recommended for each vehicle.
• Assures vehicles are properly and safely secured outside official duty use.
• Reviews and maintains vehicle logs and ensures that all drivers are aware of procedures for keeping the logs up to date and send to Logistic Specialist.
• Monitors the log books and maintenance records for all vehicles and prepare reports as necessary.
• Petty cash management
• Review travel advance for drivers send for signature to the Logistic Specialist for review then to Finance.
• Review travel expenditure report and send to Finance duly filled properly.
• Make sure when drivers are back from field trips, follow up on their retirements, review them, and check log books and travel expense if they are in order and correct. Then send to Logistic Specialist.
• Review travel advance for drivers send to Morogoro Office for Finance review, COP’s approval and payment.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
EDUCATION: At least high school graduate. College education is preferable. University Degree in Business Administration or related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position with International organizations. Work experienced in USAID funded project is also required.
SKILLS: Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
LANGUAGES: Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Swahili and English.
GENERAL: Tactfulness, Enthusiasm to the job. Good Human Relation skills, integrity and ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their current curriculum vitae (CV) only and 3 references to: [email protected] Subject of the email should include “WARIDI” and the name of the position applying for. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience. This position is open to Tanzania candidates only who resides in Ifakara. Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all encourage applications from women and underrepresented groups. Tetra be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. NOTE: THIS IS A LOCAL ADVERTISEMENT FOR IFAKARA RESIDENCE ONLY. Deadline for submission of applications: 1st March, 2019 at 16:00hrsFOR IFAKARA RESIDENCE ONLY. Deadline for submission of applications: 1st March, 2019 at 16:00hrs